What's new

Q for mtl TC vapers

Mitz

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm just starting to mess about with TC for my MTL setups. Curious what kinda temp you guys set yours at?

Also, do you find yourselves taking much longer drags in TC?

And do you just hit the fire button and take one loooong drag or do you take lots of smaller drags in quick succession re-firing the mod each time?

Mine seems to hit the desired temp (550F) near instantly at 100w and then drops to putting out 10w with not much happening so I seem to find I get more out of it by taking several smaller drags in quick succession, releasing and hitting the fire button each time so it ramps up at 100w again each time rather than taking one long drag with the majority at 10w.

Any thoughts and input appreciated.

I vape at around 320-340F (power set to around 40w) so I'm not sure I'll be much help.

but yeah, I take longer draws ... that's part of why I started using TC because I find myself stopping my draw in wattage, not because I want to but because it was getting too hot..... it sounds like that's what you are missing though?

the power drops because you only really need that much power to get the cold coil to temp once it's there it takes very little to power to keep it at the same resistance, which should in theory be the same temperature through the whole draw.

I vape at around 320-340F (power set to around 40w) so I'm not sure I'll be much help.

but yeah, I take longer draws ... that's part of why I started using TC because I find myself stopping my draw in wattage, not because I want to but because it was getting too hot..... it sounds like that's what you are missing though?

the power drops because you only really need that much power to get the cold coil to temp once it's there it takes very little to power to keep it at the same resistance, which should in theory be the same temperature through the whole draw.
That actually helps a lot. The mod was setting itself to 100w and I had to keep going up in temp to get even a remotely warm vape. 550f seemed pretty high seeing as it only goes to 600. But I think having it set at 100w is the problem as it hits temp in a split second then drops. Think I'm gonna try dropping the wattage and the temp and see how that goes.

Thanks @simong . That's given me food for thought and a different approach to try. :worship:

That actually helps a lot. The mod was setting itself to 100w and I had to keep going up in temp to get even a remotely warm vape. 550f seemed pretty high seeing as it only goes to 600. But I think having it set at 100w is the problem as it hits temp in a split second then drops. Think I'm gonna try dropping the wattage and the temp and see how that goes.

Thanks @simong . That's given me food for thought and a different approach to try. :worship:

It will take a while ... maybe even weeks to find your sweet spot ..... it's really about figuring out what you want it to do and then figuring out the settings to get it where you want. Are you using an DNA mod? if so connect it to escribe and open the device monitor and you'll be able to see exactly what is going on when you take a draw in real time, make adjustments and see exactly how it's affecting the vape ... that's how I figured it out for me.

what wire are you using out of interest?

It will take a while ... maybe even weeks to find your sweet spot ..... it's really about figuring out what you want it to do and then figuring out the settings to get it where you want. Are you using an DNA mod? if so connect it to escribe and open the device monitor and you'll be able to see exactly what is going on when you take a draw in real time, make adjustments and see exactly how it's affecting the vape ... that's how I figured it out for me.

what wire are you using out of interest?
I've been trying with a few different mods including DNA250. I've just dropped to 70w and 420F and that seems pretty good. But very inconsistent. Don't know if that's the mod or maybe even the build. Almost like sometimes it does nothing and other times a nice warm vape. Not the same every time I hit the button. But not on a DNA right now. On the Captain. Do you do spaced or contact coils?
Will stick it on the DNA again tomorrow and have a look in Escribe. Need to be fresh and full of concentration before I enter Escribe. Entering Escribe when I'm tired is like driving drunk for me. I'll end up with a mod doing all kinds of crazy stuff on me. :18:

I've been trying with a few different mods including DNA250. I've just dropped to 70w and 420F and that seems pretty good. But very inconsistent. Don't know if that's the mod or maybe even the build. Almost like sometimes it does nothing and other times a nice warm vape. Not the same every time I hit the button. But not on a DNA right now. On the Captain. Do you do spaced or contact coils?
Will stick it on the DNA again tomorrow and have a look in Escribe. Need to be fresh and full of concentration before I enter Escribe. Entering Escribe when I'm tired is like driving drunk for me. I'll end up with a mod doing all kinds of crazy stuff on me. :18:

yeah, it should be pretty much the same every draw ..... only thing that might change that is messing with the airflow (as that will effect the cooling the air is having on the coil, and therefore the overall temp of the coil) and I guess if your wick is drying out a bit and you get the 'backing off' sensation. Not sure how good the ijoy is a TC in general so that might be something or not. :)

Will keep an eye on this thread!

I’ve never been able to get TC right. DNA40 was a major ball ache (Vapor shark) very hit & miss.

I’ve only got two more TC mods, Sigelei Fuchai 213 & IPV6X. The 213’s awful in TC mode, can not get it to work right. IPV’s a little better but still struggling to get a decent vape from it. Need to have another crack at it.

yeah, it should be pretty much the same every draw ..... only thing that might change that is messing with the airflow (as that will effect the cooling the air is having on the coil, and therefore the overall temp of the coil) and I guess if your wick is drying out a bit and you get the 'backing off' sensation. Not sure how good the ijoy is a TC in general so that might be something or not. :)
That all makes sense. I guess the airflow and also how long you wait inbetween vapes will effect the next hit for the reason you mention; how much the coil cools inbetween each drag. Will have another go tomorrow with the DNA and take a look in Escribe.

Thanks again, bud. Appreciate your input. :2thumbsup:

For now, it's my bedtime. G'Night. :thud:

That all makes sense. I guess the airflow and also how long you wait inbetween vapes will effect the next hit for the reason you mention; how much the coil cools inbetween each drag. Will have another go tomorrow with the DNA and take a look in Escribe.

Thanks again, bud. Appreciate your input. :2thumbsup:

For now, it's my bedtime. G'Night. :thud:

no probs ..... about the between puffs things, with a DNA (it's the only TC mod I use now, so I can only comment on that really) it shouldn't make a difference, when you first put the tank on the mod with a cool coil that's the baseline it will always be working from, it might effect how much ramp up you feel in the first second, if the coil is still warm from the previous vape.. but overall it should feel consistent over the rest of the draw.

:)

no probs ..... about the between puffs things, with a DNA (it's the only TC mod I use now, so I can only comment on that really) it shouldn't make a difference, when you first put the tank on the mod with a cool coil that's the baseline it will always be working from, it might effect how much ramp up you feel in the first second, if the coil is still warm from the previous vape.. but overall it should feel consistent over the rest of the draw.

:)
Gonna play around with it this afternoon after work. It's SS btw. Sorry, missed that question last night.

Back
Top Bottom