What's new

Chocolate vs Vaping?

neil4030

Hello all.

I must be crackers. I stopped smoking tobacco (fags, cigars, pipes, anything) 20 years ago and thought about starting vaping recently, as an alternative to evening TV watching rampant snacking. So from a general health perspective, continue eating my own body weight in chocolate (or crisps, I'm not too fussy) each evening or stop all that in favour of a few vapes. Which is long term healthier? Lots of research including several hours to read PHE report and I decided to take the plunge and vape instead of munch. Loving it so far! Not a tiny bit of snacking either although red wine consumption still an issue. I have a Thorvap 60w starter kit that works well but nowhere can I find information re how much e-liquid to put in the tank? Do I just fill it right up or is it just a few drops? Anyone else out there vaping to stop snacking? It's certainly working for me and surely better for my arteries.

Hi and welcome to the Planet.

not heard of that kit so had to google https://www.amazon.co.uk/THORVAP-Cigarette-Starter-Batteries-Atomiser/dp/B076M8GVMD

the new TPD law states maximum size 2ml tanks so you can add upto 2ml of juice but always best to start off with a little less so it doesnt overflow down the middle chimney.

if you do decide to upgrade the tank then if you buy from China you can legally buy and import much larger tanks and the average is 5ml

for me personally ive lost some wheight after 3 years of vaping as ive got a mod in my hand all the time and can get through on average 25-35ml of juice a day but i do vape at 50-60watts.
always check on the side of your coils for the wattage range and stick between that range. always start low and turn up slowly to find your sweet spot.
if you get a sharp burning throat hit then its time to change the coil as its burnt out.

what flavors are you into and what makes are you using at the moment. plenty more can be found here so bookmark this thread for future reference POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers
good luck on your vaping journey.

Interesting. I’ve heard other people say that vaping helps with cravings for sweet food.

Welcome to POTV @neil4030 - good to have you here mate. Fair play to you mate, I think you've done a good job in switching from something that is almost definitely harmful to something that is likely to be less harmful. You on zero nic juice or are you taking some nic to help with the food cravings as well as the sweet flavours?

As for how much to fill - if it was bought from a UK vendor then it's probably a 2ml tank. Just had a look and it's on Amazon, listed as a 2ml tank so you can put 2ml of juice in it so fill it up! You need enough liquid in there to saturate the coils otherwise it will burn the cotton instead of the juice.

How long have you been vaping for? Be interested to know how much weight you are losing by doing this!

Welcome aboard. That's different! But why not, cool.

attachment.php
upload_2016-11-10_21-18-28-gif.109788
Hello @neil4030 , Nice to meet you mate !!!

Hello all.

I must be crackers. I stopped smoking tobacco (fags, cigars, pipes, anything) 20 years ago and thought about starting vaping recently, as an alternative to evening TV watching rampant snacking. So from a general health perspective, continue eating my own body weight in chocolate (or crisps, I'm not too fussy) each evening or stop all that in favour of a few vapes. Which is long term healthier? Lots of research including several hours to read PHE report and I decided to take the plunge and vape instead of munch. Loving it so far! Not a tiny bit of snacking either although red wine consumption still an issue. I have a Thorvap 60w starter kit that works well but nowhere can I find information re how much e-liquid to put in the tank? Do I just fill it right up or is it just a few drops? Anyone else out there vaping to stop snacking? It's certainly working for me and surely better for my arteries.

Welcome aboard!

Watch that red wine.. vaping dehydrates you so you might find you drink more and it's effect may be amplified. Depends how heavy a vaper you are, though.

It works for me I used vaping to stop smoking but another bonus is I eat less crap in the evening ok i still once in a while decimate a pack of Jaffa cakes but I eat probably about 80% less sweet food by vaping sweetish e-liquid.

I’m slowly loosing weight with out having to diet. I had put on weight because of my medical condition meaning I don’t walk or run around like I used too. I just try and fight the need for sugar when I’m exhausted and fatigued from

That said because I vape sweetish juices I was going through stock coils very quickly so I moved on to building my own on coils on RTA, RDAs and I much more of a happy vapour because of it.

I use WFFL lemon curd

Cotswold Vapors Strawberry Delight- this is like crack for me bloody gorgeous.

Neon Cream by Cosmic Fog

Some other flavours I enjoy that I found I enjoy so much that I don’t snack is

Monstavape Screamo Mango

Back
Top Bottom