What's new

The old Illness from Vaping

I'm OK with cough syrup that's what I can't understand.

Like someone mentioned further up the board why didn't the symptoms start when I started vaping back in January?

The pain I was getting from muscle aches is nothing like I've had before, it was worse than a lactic acid build up when I've been to the gym, (oh by the way I go to the gym 5 days a week and play football twice a week) so I can safely say I know my body when something is wrong.

I'd love to get to the bottom of this because I want to get back vaping again, the price of the ciggies is killing me plus the health benefits of giving up for 7 months were phenomenal.
I seems that you've stumped us (which is pretty rare in itself!). I'd ask for a second opinion cos it really doesn't sound like your dr is the most thorough. Many drs now are coming round to seeing the amazing benifits of vaping but there are still some dinosaurs out there that don't do their research or have been given sweetners from the pharma companies (that last bit is just my opinion and not fact or an official view supported by this forum :) )

I seems that you've stumped us (which is pretty rare in itself!). I'd ask for a second opinion cos it really doesn't sound like your dr is the most thorough. Many drs now are coming round to seeing the amazing benifits of vaping but there are still some dinosaurs out there that don't do their research or have been given sweetners from the pharma companies (that last bit is just my opinion and not fact or an official view supported by this forum :) )

My Doc is the same age as me, we were in the same class together at school.:grin2:

He's not that sort to diss anything that will help you give in smoking, he's anti smoking 100% and rips a new backside to anyone who goes in with a bad chest and who smokes.

Hmm, I wonder if an individual is doing lots of things that are promoting the production of lactic acid, and then propylene glycol on top of that, which can be converted to lactic acid, would have an effect?

In which case, vg would be the way to be, but I could be talking oot me arse.
Still, I make my own eliquids mainly, and my VG is from Boots, and is just their cough medicine without the added ingredients. And you can buy VG nic base easily. Don't think it is that easy getting vg based concentrates though, but some ranges, say Inawera, only need tiny percentages anyway.

My Doc is the same age as me, we were in the same class together at school.:grin2:

He's not that sort to diss anything that will help you give in smoking, he's anti smoking 100% and rips a new backside to anyone who goes in with a bad chest and who smokes.

its seems to me like your quite the medical conundrum ! your going to be abducted and studied by big tobacco as living proof vaping kills and smoking is beneficial to your health. were all dooomed !

Not to disrespect him, but it doesn't mean he is right. Anyway, the UK juices you get, what are they, if I may ask?

I'm OK with cough syrup that's what I can't understand.

Like someone mentioned further up the board why didn't the symptoms start when I started vaping back in January?

The pain I was getting from muscle aches is nothing like I've had before, it was worse than a lactic acid build up when I've been to the gym, (oh by the way I go to the gym 5 days a week and play football twice a week) so I can safely say I know my body when something is wrong.

I'd love to get to the bottom of this because I want to get back vaping again, the price of the ciggies is killing me plus the health benefits of giving up for 7 months were phenomenal.

What kit are you using? Did that change just before you started getting aches? My OH is pretty picky about what he uses, some set ups he coughs like hes got a cold, others he is fine with.

Did you switch brands of e-liquids? If not, did the manufacturer switch suppliers of their e-liquids?

It could be a million and 1 things, but for symptoms to show up 7 months later, I personally don't think its directly from vaping itself, but more of an anomaly or something changed that you might not have even noticed.

its seems to me like your quite the medical conundrum ! your going to be abducted and studied by big tobacco as living proof vaping kills and smoking is beneficial to your health. were all dooomed !

Jesus hold on a minute, I hope not.

Hmm, I wonder if an individual is doing lots of things that are promoting the production of lactic acid, and then propylene glycol on top of that, which can be converted to lactic acid, would have an effect?

I didn't even think of that MT and here I am a self proclaimed know it all! I forgot that PG does that.

I am assuming it would play a role in the situation, especially if the user has gone down in nic content, which inadvertently causes some of us to vape more, therefore inhaling more PG than before... combined with exercise of more than "normal" standards....good point!

You don't have to be old to be set in your ways ;) it just seems really strange. As has already been said, if you were intolerant to any of the ingredients it would have shown up alot quicker. Have there been any other changes in your lifestyle that might be so subtle that you'd over looked it? Not saying its not vape related but its a process of elimination. You'd be amazed how often people come to forums saying that they have been vaping a while but suddenly something changes and the vaping is usually the first thing that gets blamed. More often than not it is completely unrelated but it does sometimes take abit of deeper detective work :)

Jesus hold on a minute, I hope not.

if they get wind of this thread. this could be you !

alien2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom