What's new

The old Illness from Vaping

Hi. Could be bacteria on the drip tip or mod body? My wife is an SRN and is most insistent that I sterilise both the drip tip and mod body on a daily basis.

Hi. Could be bacteria on the drip tip or mod body? My wife is an SRN and is most insistent that I sterilise both the drip tip and mod body on a daily basis.

+1 ... steel drip tip lip scunge is foul :)

Also make sure that you're careful to wash off any juice that gets on your hands when filling your tank.

Headaches are usually associated with too much nic, sore throat/nose and occasional muscle aches with PG intolerance, and acne with VG intolerance. I think in rare cases, pg can cause headaches and nausea too.
Other things to consider are what nic level are you vaping at and in what quantities, and are you having contact with the juice via the skin or orally whilst it is still in liquid form, and, consider this too, the flavour concentrates.
I think some thorough testing is required here.

Headaches are usually associated with too much nic, sore throat/nose and occasional muscle aches with PG intolerance, and acne with VG intolerance. I think in rare cases, pg can cause headaches and nausea too.
Other things to consider are what nic level are you vaping at and in what quantities, and are you having contact with the juice via the skin or orally whilst it is still in liquid form, and, consider this too, the flavour concentrates.
I think some thorough testing is required here.

Yes, perhaps just try pure PG without nicotine or flavour then similarly for VG. Will probably be fairly unpleasant/bland

Due to the level of reaction (I ain't seen it before), I'd get pros on to this, considering the commonality of both pg and vg in everyday foodstuffs and hygiene products alone, I bet such heightened sensitivity to both or either would have affected the afflicted before now.
(Of course, things like traumas, or even other medication you may be taking, can change the way your body reacts to usually unassuming things dramatically)

Last edited:
so if its not an allergy . umm do you think it could be your nicotine level is too high ?

ive recently dropped my lvl as it was given me headaches.

I dropped down from 18mg nicotine to 12mg, then to 8mg and so on but I still kept getting laid up.

What about 100% PG?

It's a bit strange that you werent plagued by these symptoms within days or hours of first starting using an ecig.. most allergic reactions start up almost immediately...developing over that much time...is just...Odd.

I hope you aren't buying cheap juice and that where you are getting it from is reputable.

Do you get ill when you take cough syrup? (number 1 ingredient in it is Glycerin)

I would ask your GP to test you specifically for allergies to PG and VG first and foremost though.

I always go for UK made juice I never buy off the markets or the internet.

What about 100% PG?

It's a bit strange that you werent plagued by these symptoms within days or hours of first starting using an ecig.. most allergic reactions start up almost immediately...developing over that much time...is just...Odd.

I hope you aren't buying cheap juice and that where you are getting it from is reputable.

Do you get ill when you take cough syrup? (number 1 ingredient in it is Glycerin)

I would ask your GP to test you specifically for allergies to PG and VG first and foremost though.

I'm OK with cough syrup that's what I can't understand.

Like someone mentioned further up the board why didn't the symptoms start when I started vaping back in January?

The pain I was getting from muscle aches is nothing like I've had before, it was worse than a lactic acid build up when I've been to the gym, (oh by the way I go to the gym 5 days a week and play football twice a week) so I can safely say I know my body when something is wrong.

I'd love to get to the bottom of this because I want to get back vaping again, the price of the ciggies is killing me plus the health benefits of giving up for 7 months were phenomenal.

Back
Top Bottom