What's new

SX350j v2 SS316 profile

Dadaran

Achiever
Hi all,
Anyone familiar wth the sx350j v2? I have version on HF Phantom that is V2.028 and it doesn't appear to have ss316 in TC settings? If I updated would that be resolved, and also would updates remove Hellfire logos and bits?

Edit: has SS304 but assume it may not be as simple as just using that.

Last edited:
Nope it's the wrong tcr... I have a couple of older Yihi/ipv mods and you'll probably have to use Tcr for 316... it's 0.00092.

Nope it's the wrong tcr... I have a couple of older Yihi/ipv mods and you'll probably have to use Tcr for 316... it's 0.00092.

Thanks @red5, yes set to 0.00092 after stumbling across a post here and a bit form djlsb below. I believe the updates may offer 75w instead of 60w but unsure what other benefits there would be. Appreciate the confirmation sir :)

"Every type of wire has different Temperature Coefficient or TCR and here is the list of the most common and uncommon wires used to vape:

Ni200: 0.00620

Ti01: 0.00350

SS316L: 0.00092

SS316: 0.000915

SS317L: 0.00088

SS317: 0.000875

SS304: 0.00105

SS430: 0.00138 (shouldn't be dry burned very very hot as it becomes brittle at very high temperatures but a standard dry burn is no problem)

SS410: 0.00155

NiFe30: 0.00320

Tungsten: 0.00450

Platinum: 0.00392

Nichrome: 0.00040

Gold: 0.00340

Iron: 0.00500"

https://www.djlsbvapes.com/different-wires/

0.00092 is the correct tcr for SS316L/316L. Not all boards are accurate so you may need to play a little.
The update does give you a boost to 75w if I recall correctly, more (free) power, although your battery will drain faster obviously. Can't remember if it adds native 316 though.
For TC you can set the max wattage to get a more reliable result depending on your build... simple/high ohm builds need less, complex/low ohm builds need more.
SS316L can be dry burned safely for cleaning, and if you don't get on with TC you can also use SS316/L in wattage mode.

Not sure re the update and SS316 profile myself either, I know the G Class has one so was working on the assumption it's sibling board would too. The TCR setting appears to work, although slightly more vigorous than on the SX550j.

Can I ask is the max wattage set by the figure i.e. 33J - I believe all non DNA have to use Joules instead of Watts because of a patent issue?

As you can tell, a lot to learn re TC :)

Edit: a quick play and it appears the Joules setting does set max power (y)

Older boards, including the 350j, didn't do SS316L out of the box that's a more recent development.
Yes joules = watts per second in TC mode.

Both sx 350j and 350j v2 are upgradeable and this adds the 316 tc setting. Now onto your other question, i am sure you can save the hell fire logo's and reload them after the update. I have a 350j and 2 v2's all have been updated by me except my Boxer which arrived updated, the update has removed the Boxer logo's so as said you would need to save and reload, but i am not sure if it is possible. it has been ages since i upgraded mine and both are 200w versions

Both sx 350j and 350j v2 are upgradeable and this adds the 316 tc setting. Now onto your other question, i am sure you can save the hell fire logo's and reload them after the update. I have a 350j and 2 v2's all have been updated by me except my Boxer which arrived updated, the update has removed the Boxer logo's so as said you would need to save and reload, but i am not sure if it is possible. it has been ages since i upgraded mine and both are 200w versions

Thanks @crustyfolker it appears I have the latest version which is actually v2.208. For some reason I thought there was a 2.8 increment, but was mistaken. My excuse is the Yihi update pages are not the most elegant ! You are right and there are files for the HF logos etc if I do need to update in the future, already done so previously with the 550s on the G Class. As it is in a single 18650 mod this one goes up to 75w by default, which is more than fine for me. It did surprise me that there is no profile for SS316 as there is on the SX550s, which I assume are newer boards.

Not really had to delve into the manual TCR side of things, but with some digging and help here now using 0.00092 along with SS316 coils. I have been tentively starting to use TC, mainly to try and find the right setting for some custard juices (Grants and Biscuit Eater), finding it surprisingly hard to find the spot for Grants for some reason. Been enjoying isle of custard Custard Donut without any issues for a few months, but having to work harder to get this custard right. :)

Perseverance will be key, plus a polite enquiry here probably!

Last edited:
Thanks @crustyfolker it appears I have the latest version which is actually v2.208. For some reason I thought there was a 2.8 increment, but was mistaken. My excuse is the Yihi update pages are not the most elegant ! You are right and there are files for the HF logos etc if I do need to update in the future, already done so previously with the 550s on the G Class. As it is in a single 18650 mod this one goes up to 75w by default, which is more than fine for me. It did surprise me that there is no profile for SS316 as there is on the SX550s, which I assume are newer boards.

Not really had to delve into the manual TCR side of things, but with some digging and help here now using 0.00092 along with SS316 coils. I have been tentively starting to use TC, mainly to try and find the right setting for some custard juices (Grants and Biscuit Eater), finding it surprisingly hard to find the spot for Grants for some reason. Been enjoying isle of custard Custard Donut without any issues for a few months, but having to work harder to get this custard right. :)

Perseverance will be key, plus a polite enquiry here probably!
The 350j v2 has been around a while now.If you remerber the sx min ml class used the 350jv2 board as a single 18650 mod that mod i never owned so guessing it is the same as your mod well the chip is anyway.
Q class had the 475j chip again not sure if their where upgrades on the qmini . and yep we are now in the 500's wih the gtra and 550 with the g class i have both those the. the downside with the yihi v DNA is in the battery vape time seems a lot longer on a dna but thats due to the settings used for the battery.
But i have been idle and havent had a mess round with my SX550j mod apart from using it a few times. Bck on to the wire settings yes the ss settings are on their newer chips which is good the only downside is there tc has been out with ss ie custom settings but 0.92 or 0.91 are where i tend to use any other YIHI mod including my IPV's.

Back
Top Bottom