What's new

Review Aspire Revvo review

Enoch

Achiever
The Aspire Revvo, a vaping rev(v)olution?

Revvo-Tank-1.jpg

This is going to be a strange review, mainly because this new tank from Aspire potentially opens up new ground for vaping and it brings in some exciting new features, typical of Aspire to innovate than replicate as usual. Aspire have brought a new tank to market that brings in a new coil technology, new filling technology and produces a good vape as well? Hard to believe right? Well you better believe it, this is the almost the best tank on the market, almost being the key word here. As usual, this is your average Joe, down the street views, review is paid for out of my own pocket etc.

The design of the tank makes it look, in my opinion completely different to most other tanks on the market. To me it resembles a dripper with a tank attached. The real selling point for this tank is the new coil technology, and boy does it change the game. The coil is now a disk filled with cotton that sits ABOVE the tank. Yes that’s right, it’s above the tank, with aspire promoting the occasional tipping to wet the cotton, more on that later. The tank also brings in a new filling system, again not seen in mainstream (or at all) vaping in the form of a valve in the middle of the device. You simply push your bottle tip into the valve, push down, and the tank at the bottom fills up. No opening, no twisting, in fact the tank never needs to be opened! It is a really useful feature, one that I can see Aspire keeping on future designs.

revvo_arc_coil.png

But onto the coils. The coil feature is fantastic in my opinion, so easy to swap and there seems to be no issues at all with the performance. The coil sits on top of the tank about half way up on a little pole/spike of sorts. This is then secured by a little screw top and the coil doesn’t move at all, sits snug in the space. In terms of performance, no issues for me at all, as you naturally tip the tank up when you vape, meaning the cotton constantly gets wicked. Plus the issue of too much cotton packed in like other coils is non-existent, there is barely any cotton in there in comparison to a beast or similar tank, yet it performs admirably. Even 7-8 deep vapes on around 80w doesn’t result in a dry hit, you really need to try to dry the cotton out to get that far. Wattage range, between 50-100w on the coils also, for me the sweet spot is around 80w to get the right balance.

images

The airflow system needs to be mentioned also as a feature. There is no chimney or sorts for airflow; instead the airflow comes from essentially 4 channels from around the coil itself. So this does dampen the flavour a little bit as you would expect but the flavour is still solid. A notable mention here is that the coil gives very little vapour off itself, the vapour generates when you take an inhale on the tank, so a fantastic feature to help preserve the cotton. Flavour on this tank is actually rather solid, considering the lack of cotton. It doesn’t quite hit the top level of flavour because of the airflow muting it a little bit but very much a solid flavour from the coil-disc and the closeness from drip tip to coil makes up for the slight drop. Vapour production, is a little flatter however to be honest. It may vape at 80+ watts but doesn’t give you 80w worth of vapour. It gives you a good vapour production but I personally found it more akin to a 50-60w level, probably due to the coil design. So the 80/90w is a little deceiving, so don’t expect this tank to rival your big cloud tanks.

Now onto the negatives for this tank, more of personal negatives rather than universal ones. The first one for me is an opinion; the coil security is not perfect. Thinking outside the box, it will be easy to lose the screw top as it isn’t secured by anything. Most people won’t do this but it is possible, which compared to screwing a normal coil, could make the tank useless if the small piece was to be lost by rolling off the side etc. The next negative for me, is the valve system! It is a fantastic feature until it doesn’t work, and when it doesn’t the liquid isn’t going anywhere. I have once or twice filled the top half with liquid not realising it was not going in the tank, the valve does work 90% of the time but when it doesn’t then expect to be wiping excess liquid away. So this is obviously a con as there is no failsafe. Next negative for me, the tank size. This really does require the need for the bigger 3.5 mil tank as I feel the coils saturation method means it empties your tank quicker than usual and at 2mil, not ideal as it seems you are constantly filling up more regularly.

revvo_tank_Chrome_1024x1024.jpg

So overall opinions, I said in the opening part of this review that it is ‘almost’ the best tank on the market and that is true. Technology wise it is so far ahead of its competition yet it is little things that hold it back from being a truly great tank. I mean almost in the sense of it almost gets everything right in one go, and the potential for this tank with a couple of minor tweaks it would be fantastic. This tank is by no means bad, it is solid, and it performs in all the right places and well worth a purchase. I have really enjoyed this tank and it is another mark for Aspire breaking new ground in a positive way. Advice would be avoid high sweetener liquids as the lack of cotton may not survive long but with a bit of practice I am sure you could even re wick the coil yourself, after all it is just cotton in a disc!

So scores

Looks- 7/10 (dripper looking)

Vapour production- 7/10 (a little bit weaker than a full power tank)

Flavour- 8/10 (little drop from the airflow)

Durability – 9/10 (very solid tank)

Great review @sacred.

I did wonder about the "tip to wick" action, sounds like it is less problematic than I thought.

Would the fill valve be an issue with certain bottles with the twist to open type caps?

Great review @sacred.

I did wonder about the "tip to wick" action, sounds like it is less problematic than I thought.

Would the fill valve be an issue with certain bottles with the twist to open type caps?

as long as you can insert it into the little hole in the valve and push there is no issues of sorts. Anything that doesn't fit into that hole i could see being an issue, but the advertising blub (i haven't tried it yet) speak out droppers being able to be used, so the valve 'should' be able to cover any normal bottle/dropper top.

Good review, well thought out, covers all the bases. It's good to see a company trying new and innovative designs, instead of just churning out the same design in larger sizes.

Good review. Another member here, Flightrisk, has one. He is a truck driver that does some high altitude driving over mountains. Was having troubles with bottom air flow tanks leaking with the altitude. Apparently this tank has solved his problems.

Back
Top Bottom