What's new

Stop/Remove the Ban/Regulations on vaping in the UK!

ShieldBearer

keep-calm-and-vape-on-123.png

Here's a petition that will hopefully make a difference if you are sick of all the messed up restrictions on our vaping freedom:
Sign the Petition

NACS_Logo.png

Hiya! You say in your petition that the government should remove all constraints, but then you go on to say that 40mg nic shots are dangerous. I (like loads of others on here) have litres and litres of 72mg nic, and have never experienced any harmful effects from having it in the house. I have so much i could go for a swim in the stuff. There are people that vape 36mg and even 50mg eliquid, and they all see to be doing ok. I’ve personally never heard of a fatality, or even a minor injury. As long as I’m careful when I’m mixing it and make sure I don’t accidentally spill it on the cat, for example, then surely it’s pretty safe, and much safer than countless other harsh chemicals that I could go and stockpile from the supermarket or b&q. I would imagine paint stripper and bleach, just as 2 examples among many, would be a lot more hazardous. No?

Hiya! You say in your petition that the government should remove all constraints, but then you go on to say that 40mg nic shots are dangerous. I (like loads of others on here) have litres and litres of 72mg nic, and have never experienced any harmful effects from having it in the house. I have so much i could go for a swim in the stuff. There are people that vape 36mg and even 50mg eliquid, and they all see to be doing ok. I’ve personally never heard of a fatality, or even a minor injury. As long as I’m careful when I’m mixing it and make sure I don’t accidentally spill it on the cat, for example, then surely it’s pretty safe, and much safer than countless other harsh chemicals that I could go and stockpile from the supermarket or b&q. I would imagine paint stripper and bleach, just as 2 examples among many, would be a lot more hazardous. No?

I will remove that thank you for the reply!

Whilst I applaud your attitude, I feel that the way the petition is written does it, and vaping in general, no favours. Basic errors in grammar, punctuation and spelling, coupled with the use of curse words, and the use of capital letters (shouting!) do not belong in a petition that is designed to be put before parliament.

Apart from basically stating that you don't like the restrictions because you don't like them, you only actually make two arguments as to why - plastic waste and the possible dangers of nicotine shots, both of which are wrong.

If you compare the amount of plastic in a 60ml bottle with the amount of plastic in a 10ml bottle, you will find that the 60ml bottle has around 6 times the amount of plastic in it, so there is little difference when it comes to landfill or recycling.

As for using nic-shots, which have a strength of 18mg/ml, there is only the same amount of "danger" as with ordinary 18mg strength e-liquid, which a lot of people vape. The nicotine is no more concentrated than in any other 18mg pre-mixed e-juice - nic-shots are just unflavoured 18mg juice, that's all, and your petition makes them out to be something dangerous!!!

As to your point about sub-ohm tanks, the vape from a 2ml tank is no weaker than the vape from an 8ml tank using the same coil - the only difference is how often you have to fill it.

A petition like this could never be taken seriously.

"so why not put our foot down now!" That's a question, not an exclamation.
"gotten" There is no such word in the English language. Are you American?
"arnt" Either aren't or are not. Are not is better.
"Make a stand guys and gals on here and at the big house." You seriously want MP's reading this?
"Plus let's be honest it's just a pain in the rump." Governments don't legislate against pains in the rump.
"Oh and don't let that give anyone making the rules to outlaw Nicotine shots in larger fluid bottles!" English please. That sentence doesn't even make sense.
"I mean the damn mechanisms have Nicotine warning labels on them saying the contain Nicotine in it. SHOW ME WHERE THEN DAMN TPD!" What? English please. Learn to construct a proper sentence, you are making us look like fools.

Oh and all the comments to the people who you want to sign the petition, should not be in the actual petition! What you write in the petition is the proposal you wish to present to the government. Do you really want to be saying to the government "P.S. Maybe gov wants less people to vape so they can claim tax from tobacco. Just a thought. I say screw that!"? Do you really expect someone to read that out in front of MP's?

Jeez.

Revised, any other changes needed just let me know. I was up late when I wrote this. However I felt I had to do something, I doubt it will come to anything because they have their hands tied. But they need to know we don't like it.

Anyhow, digressing a bit, you are forgetting the extra plastic caps and lids not just the plastic which takes up the bottle so it does use more for 10ml bottles.

The argument is that these laws are thoughtless and just there because they can be and by doing so have no purpose and should not impact our way of vaping. :)

If you can think of more reasons why, please say. I will add it however you wish it to be written.

Revised, any other changes needed just let me know. I was up late when I wrote this. However I felt I had to do something, I doubt it will come to anything because they have their hands tied. But they need to know we don't like it.
I understand. :)

Anyhow, digressing a bit, you are forgetting the extra plastic caps and lids not just the plastic which takes up the bottle so it does use more for 10ml bottles.
Have you seen the size of a Chubby Gorilla cap and lid?

I understand. :)

Have you seen the size of a Chubby Gorilla cap and lid?

That seems one of a few exceptions. most 120ml bottles I buy look like much less plastic than 12*10ml bottles but I'll remove it just in case, since it could very well be viewed as nonsense,

Sorry pal, but whilst I commend your intentions, countless petitions, readings, protests etc were put in place 2 years before the regulations hit us, and they did nothing to stop the implementation of the TPD.

However, whilst the 10ml bottle size is a current issue regarding the plastic waste, it could have been much worse. Look at Italy, where they have recently raised taxes on eliquid to a whopping level, or Belgium and Portugal where online sales have been severely limited and you'll see that this is a bit of a pointless exercise.

Add to this the lobbying of Big Pharma and Big Tobacco and we are lucky we got away with what we have.

Unfortunately some of our friends and favourite juice producers found the costs of implementing too much and have closed their doors.

I won't insult you by saying "where were you when the petitions etc. were being done 2 years ago" as you may not have been vaping then, but for some of us, it's a little frustrating when out of (at that time, at least) 2.5 million vapers, only about 1% of us actually did something to try to stop it.

Sorry to piss on your bonfire dude

Sorry pal, but whilst I commend your intentions, countless petitions, readings, protests etc were put in place 2 years before the regulations hit us, and they did nothing to stop the implementation of the TPD.

However, whilst the 10ml bottle size is a current issue regarding the plastic waste, it could have been much worse. Look at Italy, where they have recently raised taxes on eliquid to a whopping level, or Belgium and Portugal where online sales have been severely limited and you'll see that this is a bit of a pointless exercise.

Add to this the lobbying of Big Pharma and Big Tobacco and we are lucky we got away with what we have.

Unfortunately some of our friends and favourite juice producers found the costs of implementing too much and have closed their doors.

I won't insult you by saying "where were you when the petitions etc. were being done 2 years ago" as you may not have been vaping then, but for some of us, it's a little frustrating when out of (at that time, at least) 2.5 million vapers, only about 1% of us actually did something to try to stop it.

Sorry to piss on your bonfire dude

I wish I had cast my vote back then, when I finally heard about these laws coming in I was outraged and did what I could (in the middle of the night so came out all f-d up)! What right does the EU have over what we do and even if it wasn't the EU just wtf are these "law makers" thinking?

What chances do you think we'll have once we leave the EU of getting decent treatment?

Back
Top Bottom