What's new

#NoVapingBans

jessica

Achiever
From the blog:

"We want hospitals to at least follow the recommendations of the tobacco control plan, and not to include vaping in their “smoke free” regulations."

I have to disagree on that point. Most vapers use nicotine and it would be unreasonable to expect a publicly funded health organization to be seen to permit or promote the use of an addictive drug in an apparently recreational way on NHS premises.

There is a need for education, but too much crusading could sour the message.

From the blog:

"We want hospitals to at least follow the recommendations of the tobacco control plan, and not to include vaping in their “smoke free” regulations."

I have to disagree on that point. Most vapers use nicotine and it would be unreasonable to expect a publicly funded health organization to be seen to permit or promote the use of an addictive drug in an apparently recreational way on NHS premises.

There is a need for education, but too much crusading could sour the message.

Nicotine is actually used in some medications, so you cant say it should not be allowed on NHS premises.

Nicotine is actually used in some medications, so you cant say it should not be allowed on NHS premises.
In some medications it may be found but this is recreational use. I completely back the use of E-Cigs and all other devices in the majority of public places but I think hospitals should be clear of it. Not clear as in it should be categorised the same as smoking cigarettes though. I mean as in anywhere outside of a hospital should be fine to vape unlike smoking which is designated by area. It’s a tough subject now in the public aspect.

But we should be able to vape more freely than being tarnished with the same restrictions placed on cigarettes.

I don’t want to stand in a smoking area full of stinking cigarettes just so I can vape.

every substance can be both a medicine and a poison, depending on the dosage and the route of delivery ...

I am surprised that there are not that many vaping bars! I mean if I won the lotto I'd open a vape lounge/coffee shop! I reckon vape lounges/bars/coffee shops would do well.After all vapers don't wanna have to go out and stand in the rain with the smokers.

Back
Top Bottom