What's new

how harmful is vaping?

I do use them, because I like flavour. But I’ve been planning to try unflavoured juice for a wee while, since @eightbitraptor suggested it in another thread. Still to get round to it, might try it when some nic salts I’m waiting on arrive.

From the various things I’ve read, and anecdotal evidence from myself and accounts I read here and elsewhere, I’m certain vaping is very much less harmful than smoking.

Unflavoured vg is perfectly vapeable (and it gives a reason for Smok tanks to exist), but I wouldn't worry too much about flavourings.

Most are made artificially so there are no nasty natural ingredients to worry about. Stick to the big brands and mainstream flavours.

Unflavoured vg is perfectly vapeable (and it gives a reason for Smok tanks to exist), but I wouldn't worry too much about flavourings.

Most are made artificially so there are no nasty natural ingredients to worry about. Stick to the big brands and mainstream flavours.

Aye, I try and be very careful with flavours. I mostly use FA and Atmos Labs exclusively, with a couple from TFA now and then.

wow .. how harmful is it .. well let me tell you ..
5 yrs ago I had pains in my chest and legs couldn't run or walk far now I can do an hr on the bike no problems ..I vape about 10-15ml a day ..
as for flavours most have cleaned up there flavours so not such a worry anymore ..

5 yrs ago I had pains in my chest and legs couldn't run or walk far now I can do an hr on the bike no problems ..I vape about 10-15ml a day ..
as for flavours most have cleaned up there flavours so not such a worry anymore ..

wait what? ..... you've never smoked and vaping has improved your health? ... is that what you are claiming here?

I do use them, because I like flavour. But I’ve been planning to try unflavoured juice for a wee while, since @eightbitraptor suggested it in another thread. Still to get round to it, might try it when some nic salts I’m waiting on arrive.

From the various things I’ve read, and anecdotal evidence from myself and accounts I read here and elsewhere, I’m certain vaping is very much less harmful than smoking.

You prompted me to do the 0 flavour test I have been thinking about for ages.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-thoughts-or-experiences.153739/#post-1673104

wait what? ..... you've never smoked and vaping has improved your health? ... is that what you are claiming here?
lol yeah that would be great .. isn't it just taken that 99% of vapers smoked ? smoked since I was 9 ish .. gave up 5 yrs ago .. I'm 51

True.
But flavours will remain the major source of any potential unknown risks for quite a long time.
Vg,pg and nicotine have all been studied extensively.
There are many different chemicals in flavours and some have been removed over safety fears, we really can not tell whether others will have to be removed in the future.

It is these uncertainties that are the main reason that organisations like Health England and Cancer Research use language like " vaping is likely to be at least 95% safer than smoking". Vaping may well turn out to be 98% safer than smoking but there are unknowns that mean that only time will tell. Flavours are the major source of unknowns because of the large number of chemicals involved.

Smoking is certainly much much more harmful. I am trying to quit smoking now, and it is not easy. What do you think about some medicine for it like Chantix? I have got some from (want eggs with your spam?) and hope that it will work well for me. What do you think about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom