What's new

Copyright and it's involvement with E-liquids.

Ben Marchington

Initiate
Good afternoon all, I have just been pondering to myself after replying to a post about local B&M shops and what stock they have. Some shops have the E-liquids, Snackers, Cockac-Cola, Marz, Spritz, Poloo etc, It really has me wondering about the law behind it, surely these are in clear violation of the food imitation act and could also have links to being "child friendly" when for a fact it is most certainly not.

In the past few months we have seen brands like Tango Juice removed from shelves and the company facing a penalty, I'm wondering what triggers Mr TPD / Copyright infringement / etc to come to your store and hand you a notice or even further penalizing you for selling these products.

I myself think these products are bad for us Vapers, it is giving more fuel to the fire to bring in tighter laws making it harder for us vapers to enjoy the lifestyle we choose. I do not want to see the UK turn into other countries out there in which the government has made it virtually impossible unless you are wealthy in order to vape whether that be by increasing tax or outright-banning the use if E-cigarettes.

I know this is a touchy subject and there are people who enjoy these liquids and find it funny to get a response out of people, (as I have seen on facebook groups) But what are your guys thoughts on this?

Can anyone shed a light into this topic?

I don't think you'll get much disagreement around here, it's lazy and makes the company (and vaping generally) look pretty shit.

I don't really know about the legal ins and outs, but if the company who owns the brands, trademarks etc gets wind I'm sure they'd be jumping all over them, they have the money and legal teams to deal with that pretty swiftly I'd imagine.

Good afternoon all, I have just been pondering to myself after replying to a post about local B&M shops and what stock they have. Some shops have the E-liquids, Snackers, Cockac-Cola, Marz, Spritz, Poloo etc, It really has me wondering about the law behind it, surely these are in clear violation of the food imitation act and could also have links to being "child friendly" when for a fact it is most certainly not.

In the past few months we have seen brands like Tango Juice removed from shelves and the company facing a penalty, I'm wondering what triggers Mr TPD / Copyright infringement / etc to come to your store and hand you a notice or even further penalizing you for selling these products.

I myself think these products are bad for us Vapers, it is giving more fuel to the fire to bring in tighter laws making it harder for us vapers to enjoy the lifestyle we choose. I do not want to see the UK turn into other countries out there in which the government has made it virtually impossible unless you are wealthy in order to vape whether that be by increasing tax or outright-banning the use if E-cigarettes.

I know this is a touchy subject and there are people who enjoy these liquids and find it funny to get a response out of people, (as I have seen on facebook groups) But what are your guys thoughts on this?

Can anyone shed a light into this topic?

the selection box .. the fricken selection box!

I refuse to stock out products in any shop I find stocking that friggin thing.

Back
Top Bottom