What's new

The shipping way of Gearbest

I think a lot of it is down to the xmas rush, it doesn't help that the tracking info for most of the delivery services seem to be off taking a dump in a field somewhere.

I currently have 1 item from Singapore post where the info hasn't updated since the 26/11... I know it's left China but that's it.

2 items from china post which seem to be doing a grand tour of Russia (via train judging from the posts above), those left china on 12/11 and were last updated on 2/12. Again I know they're on the way but no idea where they are.

China post seems really crap ATM, just received 2 small packets from fasttech this week that took over 8 weeks!

I think a lot of it is down to the xmas rush, it doesn't help that the tracking info for most of the delivery services seem to be off taking a dump in a field somewhere.

I currently have 1 item from Singapore post where the info hasn't updated since the 26/11... I know it's left China but that's it.

2 items from china post which seem to be doing a grand tour of Russia (via train judging from the posts above), those left china on 12/11 and were last updated on 2/12. Again I know they're on the way but no idea where they are.

China post seems really crap ATM, just received 2 small packets from fasttech this week that took over 8 weeks!
I've never had a FT package take more that 2 weeks. But I always select UK express. It's all about the service you choose. Which is why GB's changes are not welcome, by me at least.

Normally China post ones only take a couple of weeks as well, however it looks like they've found out it's cheaper to send it on the train, the downside is that it takes forever. It depends on how quick you want stuff vs how much you want to pay for shipping.

Can anyone explain this bollocks? Gearbest has been dreadful - this is part of an order I selected to ship via NLPost. One item was sent via NLPost (and arrived a couple of weeks ago), this is presumably bobbing around in the middle of the Pacific. I've got another couple of orders with ChinaPost (same as this) and I'm worried I'll never see them.

Fasttech for me next time I think!

Can anyone explain this bollocks? Gearbest has been dreadful - this is part of an order I selected to ship via NLPost. One item was sent via NLPost (and arrived a couple of weeks ago), this is presumably bobbing around in the middle of the Pacific. I've got another couple of orders with ChinaPost (same as this) and I'm worried I'll never see them.

Fasttech for me next time I think!

I placed order with GB 2 weeks ago and it came yesterday all ok.. their tracking system only showed up 2 days before I got it..This what they need to sort-tracking updates. But I'm sorry to hear your order has had probs. Hope it comes soon for you..

The tracking info shows it's arrived and left an anonymous "airport" 5 times. FIVE times.

The tracking info shows it's arrived and left an anonymous "airport" 5 times. FIVE times.
Well it's obviously not coming and going from the same airport and China is a long way away. Instead of a long haul flight it is probably moving towards you via several shorter flights with multiple stops and transfers in between. Either that or some one jokingly stuck your barcode on the pilots passport.

This is why I ALWAYS selected UK priority line. And why I'm pissed they've removed that option. :rant:

my postNL package arrived Thursday but it was showing as "item pre-advised" until about 2 or 3 days before when it changed to "arrived postNL distribution". I wasn't sure at the time if that meant their distribution centre in china, the Netherlands or the U.K.!!!! Basically the tracking is clear as mud.
I have 2 other packets GB sent out about a week before via chinapost which seem to be taking a train journey across Russia, they were last seen on the 2nd dec in Belarus if memory serves, but the tracking is now completely down and showing "we have no info for that tracking number" which means the tracking is undergoing maintainance or some Russian bugger has nicked my gear.... again the tracking is pretty poor and the delivery method is definitely one i'll be avoiding in future,

Thing is, from what I can remember Chinapost was the only option from what I can remember when ordering. It was that or pay £40 or whatever for expedited (not really an option on a tank costing me £15).

What's really narking me was that one of my orders was split in two and sent via a courier I didn't ask for. They didn't even ask or explicitly tell me. Dodgy.

How long are you able to wait before putting a Paypal claim in? 30 days?

Back
Top Bottom