What's new

Newbie Squonker!

Starscream00

Ladies and Gents,

I recently purchased a Vandy Vape Pulse and came across an issue. I was advised on a Facebook group that with the purchased batteries (Samsung 18650 25R), they would be unsuitable for the mech. prior to seeking advice, I did notice that the my coils were slow to heat up so I wasn't getting great clouds and vapour. It was recommended to me to purchase Sony VTC5A batteries for the mech. this has left me slightly confused.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.

Ladies and Gents,

I recently purchased a Vandy Vape Pulse and came across an issue. I was advised on a Facebook group that with the purchased batteries (Samsung 18650 25R), they would be unsuitable for the mech. prior to seeking advice, I did notice that the my coils were slow to heat up so I wasn't getting great clouds and vapour. It was recommended to me to purchase Sony VTC5A batteries for the mech. this has left me slightly confused.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.
The sony battery' s would have been recommended as they have a high amp rating so low builds are safer and it can unload power quickly.
The problem sounds more to do with the build. Big coils (claptons, aliens ect) can take a while to heat. A build with nichrome or steel is preferable. The best coil wire for dtl squonk coils is flat brochrome from stealth vape. A single coil is again preferable. I use the brochrome for coils around 0.2- 0.4. (I don't go lower than 0.2 for battery safety). The Sony's will be fine down to a minimum of 0.15 but again I.wouldn't. I use the ijoy 20700 in mine and its a cracker.

The sony battery' s would have been recommended as they have a high amp rating so low builds are safer and it can unload power quickly.
The problem sounds more to do with the build. Big coils (claptons, aliens ect) can take a while to heat. A build with nichrome or steel is preferable. The best coil wire for dtl squonk coils is flat brochrome from stealth vape. A single coil is again preferable. I use the brochrome for coils around 0.2- 0.4. (I don't go lower than 0.2 for battery safety). The Sony's will be fine down to a minimum of 0.15 but again I.wouldn't. I use the ijoy 20700 in mine and its a cracker.

Got Nichrome on order and batteries too. Thanks for the help!

Samsung 25Rs are fine for mechs, provided you stay above 0.22ohm.

VTC5As are preferable but 25Rs are fine aswell.

As @eyeball kid says, problem sounds like amount of metal you're trying to heat.

Last edited:
Samsung 25Rs are fine for mechs, provided you stay above 0.22ohm. You could really use a

VTC5As are preferable but 25Rs are fine aswell.

As @eyeball kid says, problem sounds like amount of metal you're trying to heat.
Yeah I think the reply the op got was obviously confusing. The new batteries and nichrome will transfer that vape.

Back
Top Bottom