What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Authentic or clone

jj87

Postman
I have been using a billet box for a couple of months now and have to say I love it, was thinking of maybe getting an authentic but was wondering what people who have one opinions are? Are they just better built? Is the vape any different? Is the difference so minimal that a clone is best (money wise).

Thanks

I would also like to know if the sxk clone is as good as the authentic.
I would rather have the authentic but I may buy the clone just to see if I like it but any opinions are welcome

Personally speaking........... The quality of all the SXK Billet Boxes I have ever seen has been right up there with the Real Thing. I have an SXK with the SXK Exocet and I could not be happier. Obviously, it all depends on the depth of your Pockets, if you can afford a Real one, then go for it, if money is tight, then you won't regret an SXK.

I had an sxk first and it was my love for that that persuaded me to be an authentic. Having had both there is no noticeable difference in how they vape at all but there is a difference in the build quality as you would expect, the minor niggles I had with the sxk have vanished but at a considerable cost. if you go totally authentic with bridges, both types of boro and atomisers then it is serious money, literally 5x the cost of a clone set up with all the bits. I don't regret the purchase one bit (but I guess I have to think that) and if you go for the dna sxk then it really is minor quality issues that you spend much more to address. As @Rob said it is all about cashflow

I had two SXKs, got on great with them. I had a couple of little niggles. Doors weren't flat on one. One boro has too deep a groove for the top o-ring. Had to reseat the fire button on one. I wanted another, but wondered what random flaw it would have, so I bought an authentic. It's little things. Doors are more secure. Buttons are more pleasant. Curves feel nicer in the hand.

The vape is different between the 70w board and the DNAs, but all the DNAs vape the same...

I also got both my 70w devices from China for £50-60 each. Once you start looking for the DNAs it gets to the point that you're in the same territory as used authentics. I've seen a few DNA25s go for £120ish recently

Back
Top Bottom