What's new

Should vaping be banned in public spaces ?

Well unfortunately the family need some help, and advice from social services.
In fact my wife, and my brother were at the same meeting.

The trouble is that when we try to set up some help / discussion over my mothers situation they always send round this same social worker.

My wife has had several meetings, and said previously that she was disrespectful to my mother.
This time I witnessed it personally, and was not pleased at all.
So I am not sure where we go from here................

Hmm. They’re not always the nicest of people eh? Sorry to hear you’re mother is having difficulties. You could ask the council for a change of social worker, or make a complaint about her.

But still, I don’t reckon it will help to sit and blow smoke at her though.

Sometimes health and social service workers are not exactly welcome in a person's home. I've been in the situation more than once where it was a case of letting them come in or knowing that they may well call the police and let themselves in. Mostly I would've been smoking and put the cig out when they knocked. Only a couple of times did I smoke when they were there. I did once tell a police officer they were welcome to fuck off if they didn't like me smoking in my own home, since it's not illegal yet. This was a few years back: not how I normally behave :oops2:

@Badboybez I think it's a shame you're still dual fuelling, especially with your health concerns. So you have to stand with the smokers at work ... it doesn't automatically follow that you might as well smoke.

You are right Leni, it is a shame I dual fuel.

With work I think its the rebel in me, I started vaping, and used to go outside the front door.
All of a sudden the company handbook is changed to say we have to use the smokers area.
No discussion, no explanation, nothing.

I have an hours drive to work in the morning, so a couple of cigarettes involved there, as its much easier than wielding one of my dual 18650 mods about, and the same again on the drive home.

In the two bars I use I can go for hours with no cigarette, just vaping.

Then I usually have a couple at home in the evening after the missus has gone to bed, as its the only place no one can tell me not to.

I started vaping a few years ago, not for any great health reason, more financial.
After 40 years smoking 40 a day high strength cigarettes I think the damage to my health has already been done.
I used to work as a global service engineer, so used to buy cigarettes as cheap as £1 a packet.
So shit myself when I had to buy my first packet here after 20 years, £10 a packet................

Hmm. They’re not always the nicest of people eh? Sorry to hear you’re mother is having difficulties. You could ask the council for a change of social worker, or make a complaint about her.

But still, I don’t reckon it will help to sit and blow smoke at her though.

Thanks,

Dont think it will get resolved though.
Social services agree my mother needs a carer to visit for an hour a day.

My wife used to work as a mobile carer, CRB accredited etc, but now runs her own small domestic cleaning business.

My mother loves my wife popping round each day, and on Wednesdays takes her shopping, and on Fridays to the hairdressers.

All we want is the money social services would have to pay a carer, to pay to my wife to ease the loss of income from her business.

Problem solved, everyone happy, but that cant be done because my wife is "family"

Thanks,

My wife used to work as a mobile carer, CRB accredited etc, but now runs her own small domestic cleaning business.

My mother loves my wife popping round each day, and on Wednesdays takes her shopping, and on Fridays to the hairdressers.

All we want is the money social services would have to pay a carer, to pay to my wife to ease the loss of income from her business.

Problem solved, everyone happy, but that cant be done because my wife is "family"
Attendance allowance.

Thanks,

Have you applied for Personal independence payment PIP as it's called for your Mum, if your Mother is entitled to higher rate for care then carer allowance can also be claimed. Pip has 2 parts care and mobility so She may get both depending on her needs

why it should be banned? the smoke is not harmful, why so much attention to vapers?

No I don’t think it’s rigjt banning vaping in public spaces just goes to show that tobacco firms have a little power over the government

I recently politely asked a ticket inspector at a train station if I could vape on the platform, I was met with a look of disgust as his finger pointed towards the British transport police office and was told 'if they see you they'll arrest you', rather than arguing the toss I just smiled and said 'no problem', then... something very funny happened, some guy wheeled a very very old lady behind one of the pillars in a wheelchair and then sparked a fag up for her. The moral of the story... don't show your hand!

Back
Top Bottom