What's new

Ailments u thought u got through vaping !

banannajoe

Postman
Now when I first started vaping not so long ago for some reason @ exactly the same time all the Skin around my finger nails started to Peel I put this down to the skin refreshing its self as was tobacco stained so it continued and the skin started peeling off of my palms as well ( I thought to myself as I was already feeling smelling & being able to smell that it was a small price to pay ) noe I was very conscious of it but no one seemed to. Notice until I had told them i also had a appointment due with my doc 2 week s away so decided if it was the vape to carry on vaping & ask the doc when I saw him next when I did then see him & said I had given up smoking (after 30 odd years mind u ! ) to vape & said I had done about 3 weeks so far he congratulated me and asked when did Intend to give up vaping to which I replied give me a fucking chance doc ! & asked him if this snake skin shedding stuff was maybe due to a allergy of e liquid or something he assured me it was down to stress gave me some cream which I used for 2 /3 days symptoms gone the only difference with the vape was I was now doing closer to 20 ml a day rather than 10ml 2 weeks before I started to vape I had a mouth ulcer but I'm sure if it would have occurred as I had started I would have blamed the vape as it was all a big new thing to me & I had heard some where that it was just as bad if not worse for you ! Well what a load of bollox I feel smell look better ( my hands are now skin color not tobacco stained ) just this week the vape was making a strange taste in my mouth !!? ( I had a tooth that had been decaying for quite some time that decided it wasn't playing any more ) all I can say is timing & paranoia have made myself to accuse vaping when these things would have happened any way ! I'm not saying let's schedule a O off for the next Olympics but just thought I would share ! & wonder if any one had anything similar happen !??

Pretty normal worry, there have been lots of similar frets on here in the past. Major lifestyle change makes you suspect it has to be the cause of any other changes.
Staying off the cigs and appreciating the positive changes from vaping is what matters.

Most vapers get ill or start having problems, our bodies are shut down when smoking and we pump a lot of shite through every time we used to light a ciggy.

It takes a while for us to detox and clear out 4000 chemicals that we used to take in. This means our bodies change and eventually settle to what they should be.

Get a good moisuriser and use it.

Keep up the good work of vaping and in time things will settle. But never be afraid to raise things with your GP or the chemist.

In my experience vaping dehydrates me quite significantly, if you're like 90% of the rest of the population and don't drink anywhere near enough water, then now may be the time to change that. Since starting vaping I am pretty much sipping water throughout the entire day, and it helps deal with the dry mouth/eyes I would often get when I started vaping. Try to up your water intake and see if that has any positive effect. If you don't notice anything improving then try changing to a lower PG juice, as many people can have a sensitivity to PG. If that doesn't work then try vaping unflavoured juice for a while and try to rule out the possibility of it being one of the flavourings that you're ingesting causing these issues.

I am always sipping water or watery fruit juice anyway so not found vaping makes me dry- in fact tobacco made me drier and thirstier!

Only thing that has worried me about Vaping is that i chuff a lot more on my chuffer than i ever did on a ciggie, so i hear that that act of drawing sucking whatever can loosen your teath over time, I have noticed in the last 6 months my teeth (the few i have left i am 50) have started to come loose not one but several of them , this is after 2.5 years of vaping so is it just my age or is it vaping? i have no idea but dentist thinks it is a side affect of the sucking action of vaping as i have good dental health history. I sort of agree with him as i do feel pressure on my teath as i draw, but i might be paranoid , but worth thinking about.

I got that thing with the skin on the fingers. It went away quite quickly though.

I've a growing concern with the amount of real sugar appearing in eliquid (particularly north American but it's spreading here). This is inevitably going to come into focus in the dental world soon. I'm also questioning the impact on diabetics. The jury has been out on sugar dust entering the bloodstream via the lungs but the particles being so small in vapour and also being held within vg has started to show up in fasting tests which seems to show it very much can.
I'm no expert but I smell troubles ahead.

Being a Type 2 Diabetic I'd be interested in hearing the experience of other diabetics. Anything that you have done differently since starting vaping, any changes over time that have occurred with Meds etc. :)

I've a growing concern with the amount of real sugar appearing in eliquid (particularly north American but it's spreading here). This is inevitably going to come into focus in the dental world soon. I'm also questioning the impact on diabetics. The jury has been out on sugar dust entering the bloodstream via the lungs but the particles being so small in vapour and also being held within vg has started to show up in fasting tests which seems to show it very much can.
I'm no expert but I smell troubles ahead.
The only sugar I am aware of is some Flavor West concentrates having fructose? I thought these were well documented, and avoided by most mixers...?

Back
Top Bottom