What's new

Great new MTL wire for builders

Totally disagree.... I have wayyyyyyyyy better flavour and vapour with a 0.7 homemade clapton coil @ 33-35 watts with my MTL setup.
I don't run my MTL setups any different in any of my tanks.

What is your mtl setup?

I'm sorry mate but this makes no sense. So you are arguing against the real terms effectiveness of complex against single wire (which I'm willing to accept to a certain extent) but where you draw the line is between hand made and chinese spools of said complex wire? That's like saying all mushrooms are the same, including truffles, except when they are cooked by some wank shelf in central London for the price of a small mortgage. (not comparing @Smut to Gordon Ramsey here!)

Wires are different. I don't know the science behind it but have done the closest to a blind test which is getting my ocd ramped up to 11 and do like 4 builds in the same rda with the same juice in one night, because it never felt "right". And they are completely different. In an airy mofo like the goon or the Kryten complex wires make a world of difference. Why wouldn't it be the same for MTL? It's still down to surface area and how the evaporated juice mixes with air coming in.

What I completely agree with you is that there is no holy grail of wire or build. Each person and rda and juice (pg/vg and, I find, concentration of sugar) will react differently and produce a different experience that will then be perceived individually by each person. So it is hard to give advice.
I get you bud. And am not saying all spools are equally good or bad. I'm sure some are expertly constructed. But which ones and trying to find perfection in a complex wire is a game I just don't have time for in the real world.
Within a mtl set up I have just never found a need to over complicate a coil. The amount of air going over the coil is tiny and the density of vapour achieved can only be so much given the tight drip tip.
Can't at all argue with you if you have found differently. Each to their own and some really notice the most miniscule of differences in a big way while others not at all.
As long as you've found your nirvana that's all that matters and I urge everyone to take on board any tips offered and discover for themselves whats for them.

it-crowd.gif
Coward. Smutty two coils.

I once ate a piece of chicken breast , spookily it tasted exactly the same as a mouthful of chicken breast .......... go figure ;)

0.7 clapton and 35w is more or less my DTL set up! :D
I was thinking the same. Lol.
I'm fairly sure if I run that in the strike. Fire would come out the mouthpiece.
There's a huge discrepancy these day's between what we used to call mtl and what is currently thought of as mtl. 1.6mm airflow would have been the absolute max. When the original nautilus came out I couldn't believe how airy the 1.5mm airflow option was.
Wide open sub ohm was the atlantis and subtank with their single 5mm Cyclops airflow. When most consider the narda a mtl rda I'm left baffled of what is what now.

I probably should patent a toaster that uses Clapton wire. In the 100year's of evolution and production of the toaster nobody has realized the perfect toast will be toasted evenly and correctly by Clapton.

I probably should patent a toaster that uses Clapton wire. In the 100year's of evolution and production of the toaster nobody has realized the perfect toast will be toasted evenly and correctly by Clapton.

You should try and sell this idea to Tefal.

Back
Top Bottom