What's new

TRPR and Taxes after Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s important to bare in mind the fact that the uk government have taken a position on it though. Despite the tpd they are broadly supportive. So I think it’s very unlikely they would take a u turn and start trying, for example, to ban nic or ban vaping altogether.

It’s important to bare in mind the fact that the uk government have taken a position on it though. Despite the tpd they are broadly supportive. So I think it’s very unlikely they would take a u turn and start trying, for example, to ban nic or ban vaping altogether.

Course they would not ban it, but they might well tax it...............................

I do worry that leaving the EU will mean that open discussion will fall on deaf ears. When you combine all of the EU leaders, their governments, healthcare, medical professionals and scientific research facilities, your in a position to table a massive amount of facts and figures, both for and against.

If the rest of Europe decided to openly embrace vaping, we would be reliant on our parliament reviewing the data and keeping an open mind. As mentioned previously, that simply will not be a priority.

With regards to taxes, they don't need to tax us, the consumer, directly. They could target the manufacturing process. Introduce new permits and licenses, materials tax, etc. All of which would need to be passed onto us eventually via price hikes.

I do worry that leaving the EU will mean that open discussion will fall on deaf ears. When you combine all of the EU leaders, their governments, healthcare, medical professionals and scientific research facilities, your in a position to table a massive amount of facts and figures, both for and against.

If the rest of Europe decided to openly embrace vaping, we would be reliant on our parliament reviewing the data and keeping an open mind. As mentioned previously, that simply will not be a priority.

With regards to taxes, they don't need to tax us, the consumer, directly. They could target the manufacturing process. Introduce new permits and licenses, materials tax, etc. All of which would need to be passed onto us eventually via price hikes.

You are joking?

Open discussion? There has been no discussion. Those on the self-serving EU Gravy Train made decisions that suited the pockets of the people who run it.

There are ridiculous anti-vaping laws in every country in the EU, and the Italians have even said they can't afford to lose tobacco revenue so will restrict vaping.

We are very lucky in the UK, and while the restrictions on nicotine are a pain, there is actually very little restriction in other areas and most would be quite happy for things to stay as they are.

I did say 'if the rest of Europe decided to openly embrace vaping,...' not that they have or even will.

We do also need to keep in mind that vaping might, and I stress the word 'might' not be quite the grail that we all hope it is.

I would rather see quality research from a variety of countries inform whatever decisions are made.

So no, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom