What's new

Recipe advice please

Thanks. The guide says vc at 10% and strawberry at 3-15%. I’ll start low and add if needed.
Also with adding extra flavour would it not push the pg ratio up or do you allow for this when adding?
You could allow for it by starting with a higher VG ratio but typically you develop recipes by making small amounts and scrapping them for the revised recipe or by turning the unused portion into a slightly larger batch which allows you to keep your desired PG/VG ratio.

Great tips. Many thanks. Think I may have a touch of vapours tongue atm. Most things don’t taste very good atm. Even a straight strawberry doesn’t taste of strawberry. Hope it goes away soon?

Mustard Milk is popular with many and is just:
TFA Strawberry 6%
TFA Vanilla bean Ice Cream 8%

This is a great starter for an ice cream vape. I add 1.5% Tfa marshmallow, 1% Tfa sweet cream and 1.75% Tfa bavarian cream and it's really nice.

Threre's also liquid barn ice cream, which is fantastic mixed at 6% with 2% tfa vanilla bean ice cream then add fruit and other creams to thicken it up.

Look like I’m gonna have a large shopping list lol.
Thanks for all the recipes. I will be trying them out.
But please don’t stop with your suggestions ;-)

Received my first order of tfa products and compared to the cheap stuff I had before, wow what a difference. Just the smell alone is an incredible difference. So to anyone out there, don’t buy cheap!
Anyway, I’ve made up two tests. 10ml of tfa strawberry v2 @ 5% and 10ml tfa vanilla custard @ 5% just to see what they taste like. I’ve also ordered more, amongst others I’ve got the tfa strawberry ripe coming too, so will try out a few of these recipes :-)

Just an update.
Tried the tfa strawberry v2 @5% and the taste (as my wife says) is very much like strawberry laces. I think it’s like some kind of boiled sweet. Either way it’s not unpleasant. Only at 5% it’s there but only just. Think a tweet to 6-8% would make it stand out more. But I see why most say the tfa strawberry ripe is better. I should have some with me on mon/tues along with some others. So hopefully next week I can start making a custard and ice cream mix. Gonna keep it simple and go from there. I’m sure I’ll order more flavours to enhance things.

Thanks for al the help. Willing to accept more recipes to try lol

I tend to mix my concentrates as single flavours, then mix recipes from them.
I use DarkArts Forest Fruit at about 5%
Capella Vanilla Custard at 9.5 %
Capella Peanut Butter at 4 %

Then I mix them together.
Forest fruits 75%
Vanilla Custard 15%
Peanut Butter 10%

The main reason I don't mix them to a recipe from the start is because I mix up large amounts of Forest Fruits as a base for a few recipes.
I make smaller amounts of Peanut Butter because the flavour fades a bit over time.
And i make smaller batches of Vanilla Custard because of the 3 week minimum steep time.

Also, if i have a few different flavours ready mixed and steeped, it's a lot easier to make small testers of new recipes.

That seems a great idea. I’ve just tried the tfa vanilla custard. It’s only been 3 days since I made it, but so far I like it very much. So on the above advice think I’ll be making a larger batch of it with a slightly higher dose. Maybe 7-8%. Just waiting for my others to arrive now.

Don't know if you're on ELR but often handy to pop on there with your concentrate stash and see what recipes come up, also gives ideas on % and other info on each concentrate

Don't know if you're on ELR but often handy to pop on there with your concentrate stash and see what recipes come up, also gives ideas on % and other info on each concentrate
Yes I’m on that site. I’ve found it quite useful. Only thing is all my concentrated as from tfa atm and it seems most people use concentrates from different company’s. I’m sure I do similar, but I wanted to keep it simple for now, until I get more confidence. I wouldn’t want to mess things up. Do that once by buying cheap concentrates. So far I really like the tfa range.
Made a quick tfa vanilla custard with tfa barvarian cream. Smells amazing. Can’t wait for it to steep a bit so I can try it.

Back
Top Bottom