What's new

What am I doing wrong

Tilde

Postman
I finally purchased a pulse squonk mod as the pros far outweighed the cons but I cannot for the life of me put a good build on it. I have set up both the sxk hadaly and vapenoute le Concorde and the flavour is well below average to the point I have been using my smok stick as my go to out of frustration. I've been building using ss316 Clapton wire, averaging 5 wraps and around 0.2ohms. Both these tanks were great on my regulated device so it must be my building, I just don't know what?

Thanks in advance

You need to lose the clapton wire, I've got a Concorde on my Pulse BF mod and use a single 24awg NI80 5 wrap 2.5ID at 0.4 and it ramps up instantly and provides really nice flavour.

Building for mechs is different than regulated and bear in mind that SS wire rises in resistance when heated so your 0.2 could very well be a 0.3 once you have pushed the button making the vape weak.

Try kanthal or NI80

Yes, it will be the building as you say ...

what kind of wattage are you using with these builds on a regulated device and what is the voltage showing?

resistance will make a big difference down this end of the resistance scale ... it's a 30w difference between 0.2 and 0.3 .... but only just over 1w difference between 1.1 and 1.2ohm, the lower you are going the more accurate you need to be to get 'your' vape.

You need to lose the clapton wire, I've got a Concorde on my Pulse BF mod and use a single 24awg NI80 5 wrap 2.5ID at 0.4 and it ramps up instantly and provides really nice flavour.

Building for mechs is different than regulated and bear in mind that SS wire rises in resistance when heated so your 0.2 could very well be a 0.3 once you have pushed the button making the vape weak.

Try kanthal or NI80
Bought some ni80 built a 5 wrap 3mm I'd, came in at 0.12ohm. put one in the hadaly and vapenoute. Cracking stuff, worked a treat. Thanks. So for future reference stick to using ss316 for temp control on a regulated device?

Bought some ni80 built a 5 wrap 3mm I'd, came in at 0.12ohm. put one in the hadaly and vapenoute. Cracking stuff, worked a treat. Thanks. So for future reference stick to using ss316 for temp control on a regulated device?
Glad you sorted it and can now enjoy using the Pulse.

As for SS316 you can use it in TC or regular power mode on a regulated mod as it will adjust itself accordingly in regard to fluctuating resistance.

.24 ohm 3mm and 4mm. I prefer the 4mm coil but both vape awesome.
20171030_203117.jpg
received_10214744635633224.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom