What's new

Advice on a MTL tank, a bit comfused.

Donki

Initiate
Hey guys I've got the SMOK PRIV V8, my first upgrade from an ENDURA T18 and I'm looking for advice on a MTL tank. As a recent ex smoker I miss the cigarette experience. I like the look and price of the ASPIRE NAUTILUS X TANK. Would this work with my V8 MOD. Also does my mod simplify automatically adjust the wattage to suit the tank/coil? Also will the flavour be decent on this tank? Thanks in advance.

Actually researching more the PRIV V8 only fires at 60WATTS so I'm guessing it's impossible to get a MTL tank for it?

The Smok Priv fires UP TO 60w not only 60w. Any MTL tank would be fine on it!

The Smok Priv fires UP TO 60w not only 60w. Any MTL tank would be fine on it!

So does the mod "read" the coil and identify the required wattage? That's what I thought the shop told me but I can't find the information i need online. Again I'm a noob lol.

So does the mod "read" the coil and identify the required wattage? That's what I thought the shop told me but I can't find the information i need online. Again I'm a noob lol.
Looking again I can see what you mean, it seems this device comes as a kit and certainly you can't adjust the wattage on it so now I'm confused as to whether you could fire a MTL tank on it! I would go back to the shop and ask them if you could a MTL tank on it.

Looking again I can see what you mean, it seems this device comes as a kit and certainly you can't adjust the wattage on it so now I'm confused as to whether you could fire a MTL tank on it! I would go back to the shop and ask them if you could a MTL tank on it.

Will do, actually getting used to the DTL but would still like a MTL option for the mod as I really do like the style and feel of it, plus the baby beast is very juice thirsty.

Don't know the mod, but it looks limited. OK I guess if you want a small smok cloud chucker but not a great choice for mtl. Unless the mod can indeed reset for a higher resistance coil (Nautilus 2 tank and 0.7 or 1.8 coil, say).
Have you tried setting airflow on the tank at minimum? Should restrict airflow a bit to mimic mtl somewhat/not much!

Still have the Endura? Don't know that either but does it have possibilities?

Sorry, not much help and not good MTL news....

And yes, the BB will rack up your juice expenditure significantly!

Don't know the mod, but it looks limited. OK I guess if you want a small smok cloud chucker but not a great choice for mtl. Unless the mod can indeed reset for a higher resistance coil (Nautilus 2 tank and 0.7 or 1.8 coil, say).
Have you tried setting airflow on the tank at minimum? Should restrict airflow a bit to mimic mtl somewhat/not much!

Still have the Endura? Don't know that either but does it have possibilities?

Sorry, not much help and not good MTL news....

And yes, the BB will rack up your juice expenditure significantly!

Honestly deliberately choose the V8 as it was simple, I know right now if I had picked a more adjustable mod I'd of fiddled with the settings more than actually enjoying the vape from it.

Yeah the BB vapes great, lovely flavour and clouds are intense but sucks the juice. Maybe il stick with the DTL and get a less thirsty tank. Reducing the airflow works a bit but for MTL the flavour is poor and haul is non exsistant, it lacks any real mouth pull.

After getting the flavour from the mod the ENDURA simply gets no where near it. Thanks for the reply though.

Enjoy.

Half the fun tho is "fiddling with the settings"!

A few watts up or down, different tanks and coils etc can really change a taste! As you found out with the Endura... :)

Good luck with the smok - at least you won't have the Alien screen-died problems!

Enjoy.

Half the fun tho is "fiddling with the settings"!

A few watts up or down, different tanks and coils etc can really change a taste! As you found out with the Endura... :)

Good luck with the smok - at least you won't have the Alien screen-died problems!

Ha I'm a bit neurotic with fiddling, I'd say I will purchase a fully adjustable mod next month and il be sure to ask plenty of questions on here. TBH I'm not a huge fan of flashing lights and a mod that stands out hence why I choose the V8, I prefer a more discrete device. Il just continue to enjoy what I have and expand my devices :14:.

Back
Top Bottom