What's new

Are there any specific safety tests known on Fasttech liquids

smipx

Hi all

First and foremost - I am a vaper of 2+ years and it got me off smoking 20 cigs per day and that had really pleased me, my wife and also my doctor. I am a 100% advocate of vaping and support it in every way. The spin off benefit is the saving of what I understand is about £8 per pack for fags and being on a limited budget these days I do like to keep the costs as low as possible - but not at the expense of my health. Some of the juices are ridiculously expensive but I guess that is because they are all properly safety tested and also VAT/duty/cost of UK/Europe/USA manufacture is probably about 10x higher than some unknown Chinese sweatshop factory. I started out on Jac Vapour and while I really liked their products the overall cost was just too high so I did what a lot of us probably do and turned to some Chinese fasttech brands to 1. test flavours at a reasonable price and 2. get the cost down as much as sensibly possible while still having an enjoyable vape.

I had a bit of a health scare a few weeks ago - Kidney and bladder issues and one thing that came to mind that I don't seem to be able to exclude was the fact for about 18 months I have been using my favourite juice from FastTech. I know its a bit against the general populous but I do like the tobacco flavours and I bizarrely prefer the FastTech Pirate Brand UK tobacco e-liquid and have been pretty much exclusively vaping this for 18 moths mixed in with some fasttech Hangda/Hangsen Tobacco and Fasttech Dekang tobacco.

I am a bit worried that no "composition" tests seem to be out there for the quality of the ingredients (specifically the "flavourings" and after the recent scares of baby milk (melamine) and other "dodgy" things (lead) in the "Fake/Clone" world) I wondered if there was any data out there. Is/are there any labs that will take requests to do such tests and would people be willing to "crowd fund" such tests to give peace of mind to the (must be) thousands of people worldwide who most likely blindly go ahead and get these juices without really knowing how specifically safe these cheap FastTach makes are??

My budgets are quite limited that obviously steer me towards these brands but I also do really like the flavour of the Pirate brand - I just am getting a bit paranoid about their specific safety given my recent health scare - probably absolutely nothing to do with it but I and the quack need to go through some processes of elimination etc.

There must be many of "us" out there that have these thoughts buried away in the back of our minds and I expect a lot of people would like some clarification of this question. I am writing this to start a discussion with like minded people so - please - no trolling me I beg :-)

cheers,
Paul

I must say, eliquid would not be near the top of my list of suspects for Kidney and bladder issues, unless you've been drinking it :)

Agreed - but in the world of "we don't know why you have issues you have and we need to do loads of tests then you can't help but wonder/mind plays games trying to look for reasons. Even without that it is a valid thing to want to know though - there must be many of us out there that ask the question to ourselves - with other things like antifreeze in cheap wine / going blind and other horror stories. I am not dissing vaping at all like I said but I do think some specific brand analysis would be a worthwhile thing for everyone. I appreciate that there are literally 1000's of brands out thee but these fasttech juices must be quite well used/common/high volume if for nothing else that their price point which must attract a lot of "cheap skates" like me :-))

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul
ive never bought juice from china and never will as we have plenty in the uk who do decent juice for those on a budget.
saying that dekang has been around for years and i did test some for myEpack about 2 years ago and they still sell them http://myepack.co.uk/e-liquids-silver-label.html

you could also have a look through our recommended suppliers POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers
some of the cheaper range are:
LiQuid
drip drop
re juiced
vape goo

Hi, Thanks for that - I definitely will look at those. The problem thus far is that a lot of the tobacco juices are vile. I think for now I will stick with Hangsen (hopefully not fake) from Fasttech and Dekang (again hopefully not fake) as they are old and well known brands and also look at the LiQuid, drip drop, re juiced and vape goo and get a bottle of a few samples. I appreciate the advice. I think I will knock the "Pirate" Fasttech stuff on the head as it is a bit of an unknown quantity.

Better safe than sorry and all that :-)

Cheers,
Paul

how much is the dekang from fastech as £1.99 or £2.49 from myepack on first link above.

i only put vape goo on that list above as a couple on here love them but i personally wont buy from them again as pre tpd juice was mainly shite but things sound like theve got better.
i still buy from dripdrop,re juiced and liquid now and again to stock up on old faves.

Many of us used hangsen when we started vaping, the range / makers of juices was not like it is now.

Many times Drs do not know the causes of something and tests can only rule out many illnesses and whittle it down to possibilities of being one of several illnesses, many new ones are being discovered and given names - the medical world is a constantly changing environment.

If juice testing is important to you, and you are happy with the current testing regime in the uk then only buying juices that are available in the uk from reputable sellers seems like the way to go, whether you buy from the uk or China.

Until testing became compulsory here not so long ago, little testing went on so I doubt you will have any luck with your favourite brand unless someone is importing it to . You could search for uk or suppliers of your favourite juice to see if reputable vendors are selling it.

I make my own juice, all tobacco based and am not aware of any safety issues being raised about such flavours, most of the scare stories have been about creamy type flavours and these type of flavours in the uk have all been reformulated to comply with the new testing.

Perhaps if you did some internet research into diacytal, acetylproponyl and acetoin, you might find that your chosen flavours are not a big problem. I can not give you more detailed info because I spent some time looking into it all a while back, decided it was not relevant to me and the flavours I use so immediately forgot all the details.

Back
Top Bottom