What's new

Help potentiometer replacement

UncleJah

Hi guys and girls I'm currently working on a little diy project. I have an old Tesla invader 3 I'm gutting and building a new enclosure for. While I'm at it I'd like to replace the potentiometer as it's cosmetics are damaged through use by previous owner. However I'm a little confused about which pot to buy due to the different specifications of each one. I'm not too fussed about size or it been different to original as it's going into a new enclosure anyway. If someone could point me in the right direction as to what exactly I need to do this it would be greatly appreciated as I cannot find the information anywhere online.

Got any pics of the pot on it?

I find that most have a model number thats corresponding to its value, common ones to find are 200,1k and 10k for vaping mods but others range much higher

You can also check with a multimeter across the posts of the pot for the value

Got any pics of the pot on it?

I find that most have a model number thats corresponding to its value, common ones to find are 200,1k and 10k for vaping mods but others range much higher

You can also check with a multimeter across the posts of the pot for the value
Haven't yet stripped it down. I'm afraid of loosing parts before I'm ready haha. I will have a look this evening though. Will the chip not treat it the same no matter what the resistance

Great success it's a 1k resistance that KS for input guys now to try and find another ☺

Attachments

• DSC_0125.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 308
If I was contemplating the same bit of DIY, I'd probably spring for a Big Al PWM or OKR/OKL/Raptor - for £12-15, it would save the worry of breaking the Tesla board in the move...

Back
Top Bottom