What's new

Has anyone seen this horrendousity?

Bear in mind also that earlier last century there were tens of thousands of people marching in the street demanding the government ban alcohol. I think a reasonable skepticism towards research funded by financially interested parties isn’t really all that much to be getting so bothered about.

It certainly has problems, but whining about the tobacco industry is not the solution. I quite like the tobacco industry; they sold me things I wanted for 25 years, and they have never tried to ram their moralistic puritanism down my throat. I'm certainly not going to dismiss good science just because they funded it, and I have no respect for anyone who does.

The excerpt I posted at no point says the science is wrong, what it says is the science is yet to be proved outside the industry of tobaccos research. Which is a fair point, good science is only good science once it has been proven outside the people with an interest in a certain results value. I think that's fair enough, as if it has not been peer reviewed then it's only a claim and not science fact.

The excerpt I posted at no point says the science is wrong, what it says is the science is yet to be proved outside the industry of tobaccos research. Which is a fair point, good science is only good science once it has been proven outside the people with an interest in a certain results value. I think that's fair enough, as if it has not been peer reviewed then it's only a claim and not science fact.

My understanding is that it has been peer reviewed but not reproduced independently, and I think there is some disagreement about it and researchers who’ve produced quite different results.

Ahahahha what a piece of absolute shit.

"Hey guys we noticed you vape, so we gonna get on your level...introducing....a new device that is 5 years behind. Plz buy we need jobs!"

My understanding is that it has been peer reviewed but not reproduced independently, and I think there is some disagreement about it and researchers who’ve produced quite different results.

Ah fair enough, either way I posted it as text to fuel the thought process, and then came to my own opinion. Which was, it's an alternative, but I will hold back on if I think it's a good or bad alternative until I see more scientific results. And either way I am pro choice so I certainly won't call for a ban.

Ahahahha what a piece of absolute shit.

"Hey guys we noticed you vape, so we gonna get on your level...introducing....a new device that is 5 years behind. Plz buy we need jobs!"
HnB is aimed at smokers, not vapers, and it's doing extremely well in test markets. iQOS has taken 10% of the entire Japanese cigarette market in about two years.

So what? Nobody cares. The "vaping culture" is a tiny minority of vapers. Dick Puddlecote and I went round London pubs in June, talking to every vaper we saw. None of them were into "vaping culture". None of them had heard of the NNA, or POTV, or any other organisation or forum. And none of them cared. They didn't give even the tiniest shit. Nor do smokers. Personally I think HnB is going to end up a lot bigger than vaping, because it delivers exactly what most smokers want. I prefer vaping, but we already know that it's not for everyone.
Totally agree. I sell vape gear from a market stall and see a lot of people from all over. All my customers are people who want to give up smoking for their health and save money or they're looking for an upgrade. They know nothing about vape culture and the majority of them don't want to be blowing huge clouds. They just want sensible advice and a decent vaping experience. Most of them say they don't want to look stupid blowing big clouds and they want something pocket friendly instead of a huge box. I personally think the vape culture does more harm than good as for the above reasons it's scares older smokers away leaving them to continue smoking. We make claims to the powers that be that we use vaping to stop smoking and then make a culture out of it yet ive never heard of the smoking culture, people just smoked. Vaping shouldn't be your way of life.

Back
Top Bottom