Innokin
What's new

Has anyone seen this horrendousity?

The same people that say we are ruled by lizard aliens from the planet gaetthelog could have written it. I dont know exactly what your trying to achieve here? Exactly what is your point? Are you trying to say that maybe everything I read in the Internet might not be absolutely concrete correct facts?? Are you saying maybe there is bias in some things.. And nobody here but you knows this and your letting us in on this big secret?
I'm saying that it doesn't matter who funded the research on HnB, and that harping on about the tobacco industry is straight out of Stan Glantz's playbook. Why are some vapers so hostile to HnB? If you don't like it, fine - don't use it. But stop doing tobacco control's work for them by spreading misleading crap about how research is funded.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
I'm saying that it doesn't matter who funded the research on HnB, and that harping on about the tobacco industry is straight out of Stan Glantz's playbook. Why are some vapers so hostile to HnB? If you don't like it, fine - don't use it. But stop doing tobacco control's work for them by spreading misleading crap about how research is funded.

Exactly where am I hostile to it? I even said I would vote for big tobacco in any debate that called for HnB to be banned? It's there in this thread in pretty black and white. Are you hard of reading or something?

Surely it does matter, who funds research? Why else are researchers required to declare interests, if it doesn’t matter?

AcmeFog
Surely it does matter, who funds research? Why else are researchers required to declare interests, if it doesn’t matter?
No. It doesn't matter. The quality of science is measured by its ability to pass peer review and be replicated by other researchers, not by who funds it. Nobody is attacking the quality of science on HnB; that probably tells us all we need to know.

Premier Ecigs
Exactly where am I hostile to it? I even said I would vote for big tobacco in any debate that called for HnB to be banned? It's there in this thread in pretty black and white. Are you hard of reading or something?
I didn't say you were hostile to it; I said some vapers are.

No. It doesn't matter. The quality of science is measured by its ability to pass peer review and be replicated by other researchers, not by who funds it. Nobody is attacking the quality of science on HnB; that probably tells us all we need to know.

There are a lot of scientists who will tell you the system of peer review is very flawed.

Vape Green
There are a lot of scientists who will tell you the system of peer review is very flawed.
It certainly has problems, but whining about the tobacco industry is not the solution. I quite like the tobacco industry; they sold me things I wanted for 25 years, and they have never tried to ram their moralistic puritanism down my throat. I'm certainly not going to dismiss good science just because they funded it, and I have no respect for anyone who does.

I quite like the tobacco industry; they sold me things I wanted for 25 years, and they have never tried to ram their moralistic puritanism down my throat.

That's one way of looking at it I suppose. :hmm:

E-liquids.com
It certainly has problems, but whining about the tobacco industry is not the solution. I quite like the tobacco industry; they sold me things I wanted for 25 years, and they have never tried to ram their moralistic puritanism down my throat. I'm certainly not going to dismiss good science just because they funded it, and I have no respect for anyone who does.

But surely this wouldn’t make you completely blind to the very obvious agenda that the tobacco industry has?

Back
Top Bottom