What's new

The Tank That Wont Die...

i agree with conanthewarrior ive got a crius rdta and i just love it all my other tanks and rdas are put away the crius has the lot leak free flavour and great clouds well worth every penny and one you should add to your collection...................

toptank mini, or even one of the clones on fast tech, it's the follow on from the subtank

get a pack of RBA sections, some o-rings and some spare glass and it'll just go on and on.
Atom gclapton coils, last ages and give a good vape [emoji6]

My Kabuki clones, over a year old and I still use them all the time, they are always my grab and go tanks, it's just so easy to wack a coil in, fill up and go out when you are in bit of a rush, they never leak or let me down and I'm never disappointed with he flavour or performance. .... and they look smart whatever mod I put them on.

Hi Simon, I know you are something of a kabuki expert [emoji4] I got one a while ago, couldn’t really get along with it, coil coming out when filling, and gurgling...., I read another long since closed thread last night, where there was a long but interesting discussion, and I’ve decided to give it another whirl. Going to put a Nautilus 1.8in it, as I’m prob going to vape 12mg Manabush.

Can I just ask, the little grub screws, was I missing something by leaving them out. Think a review I saw said leave them out as they make little difference. Any advice greatly appreciated. TIA [emoji106]

Hi Simon, I know you are something of a kabuki expert [emoji4] I got one a while ago, couldn’t really get along with it, coil coming out when filling, and gurgling...., I read another long since closed thread last night, where there was a long but interesting discussion, and I’ve decided to give it another whirl. Going to put a Nautilus 1.8in it, as I’m prob going to vape 12mg Manabush.

Can I just ask, the little grub screws, was I missing something by leaving them out. Think a review I saw said leave them out as they make little difference. Any advice greatly appreciated. TIA [emoji106]

I wouldn't say I'm an expert (especially as I've never owned a genuine one) but I do have a few and use them very regularly.

1.8 coils and 12mg Manabush is exactly what I vape.

The grub screw is the airflow control, if you like it wide open then I suppose it doesn't matter, I usually adjust mine in until there is just a little resistance on the airflow ...

The tank is bottom fill, it looks like you could fill it by unscrewing the top (like you would on a Nautilus 2) but is it 100% not advisable and will lead to all manner of heartache.

when you fill don't go right to the top of the chimney spout, it's impossible to fill the tank to the brim, so it will always look like it's only 3/4 full after you've filled it ... once you have the liquid in the tank make sure the coil is tight in the base then drop it down to meet the threads in the chimney turn the bottom of the tank (the bit with the coil in) in a reverse direction until it 'clicks' and kind of drops down a little into the threads, then proceed to tighten the coil into the chimney in the clockwise direction ... this should make sure the threads don't get crossed or jammed in the chimney. There will be some resistance from the o-ring (make sure that has a bit of liquid on it (or on the glass) but it shouldn't be too hard to turn, if it is then something is not threaded properly, also make sure the coil is sat in the base straight (you can see this by eye before screwing it in) if the o-ring under the coil isn't sat right or (as I've had once before) the coil threads are badly machined then it won't be straight and then when you try to tighten it into the tank it will be pulling at an angle... but this is very rare for that to happen.

It's basically the same process as using the original nautilus which I was using before so it wasn't new to me when I got them but still now I find them very easy to deal with and hassle free.

I can only speak for the clones I have (these ones)

https://www.fasttech.com/p/3870800

but I bought the first one June 2016 and it's still going strong, there are some other Kabuki's on FT that are total garbage (I bought one and chucked it in the bin when it arrived) so if you have one of the bad ones it may not be workable if it has threads as bad as the one I have.

I'm out this evening but if you need any more help or want to ask more questions, I'll get back to you.

Kayfun 5 and SXK corolla 1.5 also have an occasional toot on a pro tank 2 ;)

Just to add, I've just looked on FT and the last review is someone saying they are getting the coils stuck all the time ...... I don't know, maybe the quality isn't what it was a year back because I don't have those issues. .... unless they aren't using genuine Aspire coils because the fake ones FT sell are all junk.... I've tried them all.

I know I might be off topic but this is the most appropriate thread to post on..

For the first time ever I've been constantly trying to kill off a 1.8ohm Nautilus coil so I can slap on the 0.7 and guess what? It just won't die! I've been chain vaping at 13w for 2 days straight and still nothing. I think it's remarkable considering when you dont need it to die out it dies out. I'm on Max VG juice aswell.

Kayfun lite +

The poor little thing is a cut and shunt these days. Bits have died or got lost and replaced with clone parts.

But the base is original and that’s what counts eh?

Keep going back to it.

for me its got to be my obs crius rdta its leak free very easy deck to work on not found a coil wire yet that wont work on it and i get great flavour and clouds from it too what more do you want i just love it and think it will be my choice of tank for a long while yet..

I wouldn't say I'm an expert (especially as I've never owned a genuine one) but I do have a few and use them very regularly.

1.8 coils and 12mg Manabush is exactly what I vape.

The grub screw is the airflow control, if you like it wide open then I suppose it doesn't matter, I usually adjust mine in until there is just a little resistance on the airflow ...

The tank is bottom fill, it looks like you could fill it by unscrewing the top (like you would on a Nautilus 2) but is it 100% not advisable and will lead to all manner of heartache.

when you fill don't go right to the top of the chimney spout, it's impossible to fill the tank to the brim, so it will always look like it's only 3/4 full after you've filled it ... once you have the liquid in the tank make sure the coil is tight in the base then drop it down to meet the threads in the chimney turn the bottom of the tank (the bit with the coil in) in a reverse direction until it 'clicks' and kind of drops down a little into the threads, then proceed to tighten the coil into the chimney in the clockwise direction ... this should make sure the threads don't get crossed or jammed in the chimney. There will be some resistance from the o-ring (make sure that has a bit of liquid on it (or on the glass) but it shouldn't be too hard to turn, if it is then something is not threaded properly, also make sure the coil is sat in the base straight (you can see this by eye before screwing it in) if the o-ring under the coil isn't sat right or (as I've had once before) the coil threads are badly machined then it won't be straight and then when you try to tighten it into the tank it will be pulling at an angle... but this is very rare for that to happen.

It's basically the same process as using the original nautilus which I was using before so it wasn't new to me when I got them but still now I find them very easy to deal with and hassle free.

I can only speak for the clones I have (these ones)

https://www.fasttech.com/p/3870800

but I bought the first one June 2016 and it's still going strong, there are some other Kabuki's on FT that are total garbage (I bought one and chucked it in the bin when it arrived) so if you have one of the bad ones it may not be workable if it has threads as bad as the one I have.

I'm out this evening but if you need any more help or want to ask more questions, I'll get back to you.

Thanks very much for your comprehensive explanation. I didn’t mean to embarrass you by calling you an expert [emoji4] sorry.

I definitely have the same one you linked to.

I’ll follow your very helpful instructions and see if I can get a better result the second time round. Thanks again [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom