What's new

Ohm range for temp control

dpruk

Initiate
what ohm range is best to stay in for accurate tc Using 304 ss on dna devices

Aim for between 0.3 and 0.4, that should give you enough accuracy - if you get an Ohms too high message though you'll need to lose a wrap or two, a lot of it depends on how you make the coil though, aim for even spacing, consistent diameter and short leg length, make sure you have the correct material profile on your device too...

Thanks I am using a spaced Clapton 26awg core with a 38awg wrap 3mm diameter spaced. I used to get Ohms too high message on my Therion DNA 166 but haven't on my Therion bf 75c, I think the 75c has a 9volt cut off though compared to the 6volt cut off on the dna166 doesn't it. I have a Clapton coming out at .54 on my hadaly so will loose a wrap. Thanks again

Thanks I am using a spaced Clapton 26awg core with a 38awg wrap 3mm diameter spaced. I used to get Ohms too high message on my Therion DNA 166 but haven't on my Therion bf 75c, I think the 75c has a 9volt cut off though compared to the 6volt cut off on the dna166 doesn't it. I have a Clapton coming out at .54 on my hadaly so will loose a wrap. Thanks again
Clapton coils won't neccesarily give accurate TC results, the outer wrap can shift causing resistance changes that throw the TC right off, best to stick to single strands for the most accurate TC...
That said if it's working for you then thats fine, it usually depends on the quality of the clapton wire...

Seems to be working fine but was asking for an ideal ohm range to build to to give myself the best tc experience I can. Am making my qwn Clapton wire and think its good quality, getting my wire from The Vape Mesh Company which is just down the road from me

what wire are you using for the clapton?? For TC make sure the core wire is the TC wire . So a core of SS316 or a NiFe alloy or whatever, with kanthal as the clapton wind. It works because the core wire resistnce is very low compared to the kanthal wraps so essentially all the current will pass through the TC wire core. Under these conditions the quality of the clapton wraps shouldnt make much difference i think!

Its 304ss I'm using at the moment
so ss340 for both the core and the claptoon wraps? That's fine in principle because, of course, the guage of the wire wraps is so much higher that the core wire that what i said above still holds. I was just giving an example of a hybrid clapton if you like but it will work with whatever you use, as long as the core wire is TC-friendly!!

Back
Top Bottom