What's new

New batteries ?

Leeren666

Achiever
Hello all, do you normally charge batteries when you buy them or just use them and then recharge ? Was just curious about battery memory effect and the like ? What do YOU do ?

I always charge my batteries before use, normally they only have a part charge when shipped.
Shouldn't have any bettery memory, that was the old ni cad type batteries

always fully charge and normally take upto 6 hours for first charge. once bunt in or whatever you call it they now take about 3 hours max.

hi i allways charge my new ones and i never let any of mine run down to low before i re charge them...........

You must charge fully before you first use them mate. It will take longer the first time but it's a necessary evil.
After that I normally use them down to around half way then charge.

Yup, as others have already said. Always charge new batteries first. They generally come at about 3.7 volts depending on supplier and don't worry about the memory thing , they're lithium ion and don't suffer from a memory issue as ni-cad do.

No memory effect in li-ion batteries. Charge them up in your quality battery charger before using.
Don't keep them in any device if you're not using that device in case the device drains them below a safe voltage level.

Hello all, do you normally charge batteries when you buy them or just use them and then recharge ?Was just curious about battery memory effect and the like ? What do YOU do ?
I always fully charge new batteries before using them.

Back
Top Bottom