What's new

Crazy new rules in Oz

Tazz

Legend
Hi guys, just found out the rules have changed where i am. Have been advised from 2 shops that...
They can no longer advertise they sell vape gear in front or on shop signage.
They cannot allow try before you buy anything, juice or vape gear.
They cannot recomend any particular gear.
You cannot vape in the shop.
They cannot offer customer rewards such as points etc.
They cannot give away freebies.
As vapers we are now told all the rules that apply to cig smokers now apply to us. Where you cant smoke you cant vape.
Apparently it started in August.
Got it on the intro page from a concentrate supplier and by recorded message from a vape shop answering machine.
That sucks!

That's shit mate maybe now you should think about moving to the UK your one of us now anyway [emoji6] and I'm sure you will get used to the constant cold weather and lots of rain [emoji23]

You've had similar rules for years - a couple of years ago there was a crowd fund for a vendor who was challenging the rules, and I think there are new challenges going through parliament at the moment.

It's a bit strange to us over here - Australia has the reputation of being a laid back, totally chilled out place, yet the liberals seem to have taken over completely and you're in a stranglehold of political correctness and stifling regulation.

You could always move to New Zealand, their regulations on vaping are less restrictive than the UK's.

That is a real bummer. I had an argument with a mate last week. It started by him saying that he loved his freedom and couldn't Imagine living in another country (England in this case), he then got upset when I started to point out that we are only free if we stick to all the rules and restrictions placed on us. It ended amicable, but freedom is a myth.

Worst at the moment is New South Wales and Victoria where i am. The guys i get most stuff from in South Australia have , that im aware of and still give freebies and points, no issues.
Yeah, we used to be so chill here but now its becoming instead of The Great Southern Land, the Bleeding Heart Nanny Land. We have these little penguin's on our coast in Vic, used to be called Fairy Penguin's, oh we cannot offend gay people we must now call them "Little Penguin's" . Nursery rhimes have been chsnged, names of places and now council's are here and there dropping in their council areas the celebrstion of Australia day so that Aborigine's dont get offended! I have an Aboriginal mate and he couldn't care less about having Aus day it doesnt offend him a bit! No, Australia is now just a shadow of what it once was. There is now a non stop freight train systematically locking us out of large areas of our public bush areas! Even David At is with them on it! Huge huge areas of bush, no 4Wd, motorbikes, detecting. Us detectorists are seen as vermin in many places. Nope, aint the Oz i grew up in.
Rant over.

I've been in Sydney for 2 days. Hardly anyone smoking, and not seen one other vaper yet.

Worst at the moment is New South Wales and Victoria where i am. The guys i get most stuff from in South Australia have , that im aware of and still give freebies and points, no issues.
Yeah, we used to be so chill here but now its becoming instead of The Great Southern Land, the Bleeding Heart Nanny Land. We have these little penguin's on our coast in Vic, used to be called Fairy Penguin's, oh we cannot offend gay people we must now call them "Little Penguin's" . Nursery rhimes have been chsnged, names of places and now council's are here and there dropping in their council areas the celebrstion of Australia day so that Aborigine's dont get offended! I have an Aboriginal mate and he couldn't care less about having Aus day it doesnt offend him a bit! No, Australia is now just a shadow of what it once was. There is now a non stop freight train systematically locking us out of large areas of our public bush areas! Even David At is with them on it! Huge huge areas of bush, no 4Wd, motorbikes, detecting. Us detectorists are seen as vermin in many places. Nope, aint the Oz i grew up in.
Rant over.

Tried to emigrate to Australia a couple of years ago.
Encouraged in part by the lack of skilled engineers there.

Could have funded it to around 300K UK pounds.
When I retired could have got my UK pensions paid into an Australian account.
Possibly in a few years something else I have will yield me another 100K.

But no, apparently engineers over 55 are not required...................

Tried to emigrate to Australia a couple of years ago.
Encouraged in part by the lack of skilled engineers there.

Could have funded it to around 300K UK pounds.
When I retired could have got my UK pensions paid into an Australian account.
Possibly in a few years something else I have will yield me another 100K.

But no, apparently engineers over 55 are not required...................
Mate the amount of good people our country rejects and even kicks out is disgraceful. Have seen and heard of good families, hard workers, integrating well, some were even Drs, given the marching orders. Meanwhile letting in others that bring nothing but crime. Go figure!?
On Vapers in public, yeah, they are like trying to spot the endagered owl, good luck with that!

All that and spiders that hide under toilet seats.. I'm out.

Back
Top Bottom