What's new

Getting started with cloud chasing and vaping.

In the product description this is the contents of the kit i bought.

1 x R80 TC Box Mod (80W)

1 x Micro TFV4 Tank (22mm)

1 x 0.3ohm Micro Clapton Coil (pre-installed)

1 x 0.25ohm Micro Stainless Steel Dual Core

1 x Replacement XL (3.5ml) Glass Tube

1 x Tank Extension Adapter

1 x SMOK Vape Band (Black)

1 x USB Charging Cable

1 x User Manual

1 x Spare Parts

To be honest this is a nice, simple and perfectly capable starter kit. It's a little bit old but will definitely give you a proper sub-ohming experience and more.

Remember to prime your coils properly.

Drop small amounts of juice down the chimney of the coil you are going to use, and drop small drops of juice onto the juice flow holes until it stops soaking in. Put the tank together and fill it then let it stand for a few minutes. close the airflow a bit and draw on the tank without firing it to draw juice out of the tank and into the coil.

Leave for a few more mins and then set your mods power to the lower of the two values written on your coils. Vape away ! The clouds will be underwhelming for the first few puffs as the coil settles in and you will now be able to adjust the power to a setting that suits you whilst trying to stay away from the max value written on your coil, as higher wattages will mean your coil lasts less time.

Enjoy it. It should be fun, and let us know how it goes.

The kit came around an hour ago when i got back from college. and i struggled replacing the glass so i am sticking with the small one for a while

i used some of my brother in laws e liquid which i believe is a 70/20 blend and it is working well.

it took around half an hour to not cough because i wasn't used to it but at the moment i can comfortably vape at 80w and i think i am going to stick around 60-70w

i am enjoying it a lot although i don't understand temp mode. can someone explain that?

You're gonna need TC coils to vape in temp control mode. Your current coils are made of Kanthal and can only be vaped in Power/wattage mode.

That'll do it. Just get it into TC mode and select SS as your coil type and it will present you with a range of temperatures in Celsius and Fahrenheit to vape in. The difference will be, that in Temp control mode, your mod will run at the power setting you set when setting up temp control mode, until the coil gets to the temp you have set and then it will automatically back off the power to maintain the coil at that temperature.

It's not an exact science as it only measures a relatively small change in the coils resistance to determine an approx. temperature. but it's main purpose is to provide a consistent temp vape and should also protect you from dry hits if you forget to fill your tank.

i always advise sticking to wattage mode while you get used to vaping.
i tried TC once and it wasnt for me as much prefer wattage.
also not a great idea of pushing the mod to its limit and as its 80watts i think around the 50-60w range would be better.

i always advise sticking to wattage mode while you get used to vaping.
i tried TC once and it wasnt for me as much prefer wattage.
also not a great idea of pushing the mod to its limit and as its 80watts i think around the 50-60w range would be better.

Definitely what he said :)

both the supplied coils are rated 30w-60w, so would advise against using them at 80w. the lifespan on these coils is pretty poor even at 30w-35w, its possible you burnt the coil already if you have used it at 80w.

You will know, horrible painfully burnt throat comes to mind and you sure won't do it again.

Back
Top Bottom