What's new

Getting started with cloud chasing and vaping.

BoPeep

Initiate
Hey guys, I recently just ordered my first mod and I really want to get into cloud chasing and building my own RDAs and whatnot. The thing is, i have no idea on how to go about doing this. What should i buy as a startup? Is there a kit i can get? any help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.
thank you.

Hi @BoPeep and welcme to the Planet.

what kit have you bought? mod, tank etc.
also are you or was you a smoker and if so how many a day for how many years.
the more info the better as it will give people ideas on what to advise.

Because it is my first time buying a mod (i have used e cigs in the past like "shisha pens") i bought the Smok Micro One R80 starter kit, (https://www.amazon.co.uk/SMOK-Black-Micro-One-Starter/dp/B01A6I8MA0) but i am willing to spend more and buy more things if i need to, which i probably will.
I was a smoker and i was a smoker for 3-4 years and i smoked aound 50 a day but i have managed to cut down to less than 10 a day on average.

I hope this helps

welcome to shinyitis where you want to buy all new shiny things :)

wow, 50 a day. i was on 20-30 a day for 37 years and that was enough.
congratz on cutting down so much.

now have you already received the kit or just ordered it. wish you had joined first and asked here before buying.
the R80 is quite old now and 2 people at work had them and dint rate them at all. doesnt mean its not a good mod though but ive not tried it so cant help on that.
this is a much newer version and half the price with double the power https://www.ecigone.co.uk/mod-shop/regulated-mods/smok-g150-kit

next time before buying on amazon check out our recommended suppliers first as usually always cheaper. hardware on post 5 POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

i dnt build coils so i cant help on which is the best or easiest to build rda.

for subohming to create big clouds you need to use low nicotine like 3 or 6mg max otherwise it will kill your throat.
to use higher nicotine like i gave up on overnight i used a mouth to lung nautilus tank with 18mg nicotine and not had a cig in 2.5 years. after a month i did buy shed loads of subohm tanks and have been on 3mg since.
hope that helps a bit and others will be along to offer their advice soon.

I didn't buy mine for that much it was just a listing when i typed the mod into the internet. I got mine for around £20 or £25 . I haven't received it yet, it should be arriving tomorrow or wednesday. i have bought 3 e liquids that are yet to arrive, they should also arrive tomorrow or wednesday, one is 6mg one 3mg and one 0mg just to see what they're all like.

what other things would i have to do to get big clouds other than minimal nicotine?

Clouds come from..

Juice with a high ratio of vegetable glycerine to propylene glycol (VG/PG).

Heat in the coils.

Coil surface area that contacts juice.

Ability of wicks to move juice into the coils.

Enough airflow in the tank or dripper to handle the above.

However.. That's like saying that a fast car just requires handling, power, grip and good brakes.. welcome to the rabbit hole of vaping geekiness.. you've come to the right tea party, though; everything you need to know is already on here somewhere.

the tfv4 that looks like comes with that kit is sort of ok. ive totally gone off all smok tanks as i find them way too airy. ive tried the bigger tfv8 and sold it after a couple of days.
your tank may well be a 2ml max size as its uk law that yu cant buy bigger now from the uk so im not sure what coils will come with the tank. it should have 2 coils to try with the tank. i much prefered the TFQ4 but they were for the full sized tfv4
hopefully someone that uses smok tanks can advise better than me.

In the product description this is the contents of the kit i bought.

1 x R80 TC Box Mod (80W)

1 x Micro TFV4 Tank (22mm)

1 x 0.3ohm Micro Clapton Coil (pre-installed)

1 x 0.25ohm Micro Stainless Steel Dual Core

1 x Replacement XL (3.5ml) Glass Tube

1 x Tank Extension Adapter

1 x SMOK Vape Band (Black)

1 x USB Charging Cable

1 x User Manual

1 x Spare Parts

Take it one step at a time.
See how you get on with your kit.
If you're not happy, you can try a different tank or even a dripper but you may find you're perfectly content with this setup you're getting.
Main thing is to enjoy and forget about smoking.
You might think about getting more juice though, that tank will probably get through a bottle or three in a day.

Yeah, i am excited to start vaping!

I looked at the orders for my juices and it turns out i actually have 9 bottles on the way , 3 of each flavour , 10ml each. would that be okay?

Back
Top Bottom