What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New vapers post-tpd?

Are there any new vapers here that started AFTER the tpd came in to effect?

I know most of us here started vaping way before the tpd, when it was...basically bliss, but im just interested to see it from a 'new' perspective of someone who doesnt know what theyre missing out on, in a sense.
Do the laws on vaping make it awkward/hard for you to stick to vaping and keep off the stinkies whether its due to availabilty, prices or satisfaction?

Obviously a 'seasoned' vaper knows the effect and has managed to find their way around the tpd, by diy-ing juice, coils, knowing where to shop etc, but for someone who hasnt that knowledge yet...must be difficult.

Reason im asking is because of the recent article about ecigs being advertised as a smoking cessation for stoptober, all sounds well and good but its not if laws make it hard for a person to start.

Not difficult at all.
I don't know any better what things were like pre tpd.
Now making my own coils and about to start making my own juice. Nic is a lot dearer now I believe.
10ml bottles of juice make it easier to try out different flavours, and it's less to lose if I buy one I don't like.

Not difficult at all.
I don't know any better what things were like pre tpd.
Now making my own coils and about to start making my own juice. Nic is a lot dearer now I believe.
10ml bottles of juice make it easier to try out different flavours, and it's less to lose if I buy one I don't like.
if you go to everything liquid and just check all the boxes at checkout you can still get a litre of nic @7,2% (72mg).

I started vaping after TPD came into effect. I DIY my own juices and can find any non TPD hardware online. I will also begin making my own coils in the next week. Vaping is still bliss.

I started vaping after TPD came into effect. I DIY my own juices and can find any non TPD hardware online. I will also begin making my own coils in the next week. Vaping is still bliss.

Same here, quickly realised I need to DIY, and quickly realised that higher concentrate nic would be great!

I did however start vaping before TPD, but only just and didn't realise the impacts, so I have one large tank.

I actually think things have got a little better for new vapers maybe, there's been quite a lot of very good AIO's, 20mg nic salts, I don't think it's any worse really .... I started vaping when the subtank boom was going on and there was hardly anything in my local suitable for smokers.. ... It didn't really effect me at all though really.

It's affected vendors and manufacturers way more than us.

Good to hear, but whats caused you to have to do that? Are you doing it out of choice? Or are you having to do it out of necessity? Because necessity is main reason im going all diy, because thanks to tpd, price of decent 10ml eliquids has just skyrocketed. Dont get me wrong im enjoying diying, But for a new vapour who basically just wants a way to quit fags rather than be interested in it like you and i, theyre gunna find it difficult to stick to it when financially theres no benefit where a 10ml bottle can cost same as 20 lamberts.

@Unclebilbo
Not a good idea to openly post.
PM would be better save we don't draw unwanted attention.
@Rob @Miss Pepper please edit.
I did hesitate to post this as I obviously wouldn't want to lose this little loop hole, but theres also probably a few people who would love to hear this info.
so why not, I very much doubt the authorities are watching our posts lol.
how would you feel buying 18mg shots at £1 only to find out you could be buying 1 ltr 72mg for £60.
I get your drift I really do but but ppl want this info .
sorry if its offended you in any way, mixing is my thing and if I can help peeps out with it I will:)

I did hesitate to post this as I obviously wouldn't want to lose this little loop hole, but theres also probably a few people who would love to hear this info.
so why not, I very much doubt the authorities are watching our posts lol.
how would you feel buying 18mg shots at £1 only to find out you could be buying 1 ltr 72mg for £60.
I get your drift I really do but but ppl want this info .
sorry if its offended you in any way, mixing is my thing and if I can help peeps out with it I will:)
I'm not offended. I've got stock in the freezer.
Do a quick search on here and you'll find it's most apes that think it's a bad idea to post info like that.
As for post monitoring not a chance but pose the question in Google and hey presto your post will pop up.
If you want these resources to remain available then all im suggesting is don't broadcast it on an open forum,.

Back
Top Bottom