What's new

New vaper here

ChrisD

Hi guys very new to the vape scene build and am after some advice. I have just bought a kylin rdta as I have decided to make my own coils. However the internet is a mind field and I do not know where to start. I have also bought a coil master kit which is everything I need but the problem is the wire in the kit. I have no idea how many wraps to do on each coil. In the kit is kanthal A1 24 gauge wire Please help

Many thanks
Chris

Hi @ChrisD and welcome to the forum.

Relatively new to building myself so not going to be of much help but plenty of helpful apes on here will join in and help... if not try the new user questions section.

FYI... if you haven't seen the banner at the top of every page... we are currently doing a charity raffle for the East Anglia Children's Hospice which I'm sure you would agree is a totally worthwhile and deserving cause and will make great use of any donations received.... details on how to enter and the prizes on offer are available through the links on the banner itself.

Closes on the 29th of September at 10pm and the draw will then take place on the 30th. Good luck if you decide to enter.

Hi ChrisD and welcome
Use http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html or an app like vape tool pro (android)
enter wire type, coil dia etc and it will give you expected final ohms.
Dual coils installed run at half (2 x 0.5 coils = 0.25) but you can enter dual coil build so result is what you should get when installed

Last edited:
upload_2017-9-21_13-31-11.png

steam engine example, good luck

if you need any further help, ask away
I presume you have seen about pulse firing before wicking to eliminate hotspots (using the ceramic tweezers in your kit)
Loads of wicking videos for the kylin too

Hi and welcome.
If you've completely no idea about coil building I'd suggest looking at as many coil building tutorials on YouTube as you can.
Eventually it will all click.
Start with the video below of how you build your tank.

Hi guys thanks for replies so far. Yes Haich I have seen the pulse firing there is so much to learn with this new hobby I sure hope I can get to grips with is all. Cheers for the help up to now

Hi Chris,

Welcome to POTV.

You have already had some great advice regarding coil building. Steam-engine.org or an app is definitely the way to go, I use Vape Tool Pro, never had an issue and it's simple to use. It is free unless you want more complicated wire builds.

A Coil Master has everything you will ever need, just remember to use the ceramic tweezers when you are firing the coil!

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom