What's new

Stoptober backs ecigs

There is a mention on the News tonight about this with a headline of " Are they safe?"
How does that risk go against the risk of say living/working in London with air filled with car/lorry pollution?

There is a mention on the News tonight about this with a headline of " Are they safe?"
How does that risk go against the risk of say living/working in London with air filled with car/lorry pollution?

I too watched that ITV lead-in item before the adverts and got quite angry at that last line. "but are they safe?" The press just can't bear the idea that vaping isn't the headline making enemy anymore. "If there isn't some doubt that we can sow about vaping, then where's the story?" asks the press.

Positive endorsement of the PHE stance just doesn't sell ad revenue. "If it bleeds it leads" philosophy in action.

hang on isn't this advertising though?

I thought ecigs were banned from advertising on the telly

hi all i think that the tv ad stoptober stinks that they should add vaping to it after all we all vape as we are all ex smokers anyway and vaping harms no one!!!!!!!! :please: come on :ape1::ape1::ape1:...........

brussels are at it again.

IMG_20170923_132441.jpg

z.JPG

So this is crazy the tpd state no promotion but the government are promoting ecigs in the stoptober campaign am I being stupid here

So this is crazy the tpd state no promotion but the government are promoting ecigs in the stoptober campaign am I being stupid here

Madness isn't it? They are losing out on revenue also due to TPD? I for one buy all my tanks from China due to this....

Stupid by no means. Yes the government run NHS oneyou service has gone against the EU ruling and told everyone on national media, that it's ok to use an ecig to help stop smoking. And to make it worse, they have shown you one as well.
The question now is, will the powers that be, demand it be taken down, and if so, will there be a fight from the people that put it up.

I have watched the ad. several times now, and as I see it, they are not actually advertising, as there is no brand name displayed or mentioned. All they have said and shown, is that you can use one of these to help you quit. If they had said or shown, you can use this vype epen (or insert other brand) then that would advertising, because you mentioned or have shown a brand name.

Back
Top Bottom