What's new

Stoptober

Great news, but years too late.
I wonder how many more smokers would have switched to vaping and how many lives would have been saved if vaping had been recognised as a quitting aid far earlier.

Thats awesome news. About time vaping was shown in a positive light and backed by a government campaign!

When you take in account the immense quit rate as opposed to other methods you do wish it had come sooner but better late than never!

The advert was on TV in the last 5 minutes. it's real. woohoo. It's a good day.

And here's a copy of the text on the NHS smokefree website relating to e-cigarettes (if only the'd call it vaping):

An e-cigarette is a device that allows you to inhale nicotine through vapour rather than smoke. E-cigarettes come in a variety of models and work by heating a solution that typically contains nicotine, propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerine, and flavourings. E-cigarette vapour doesn't contain tar or carbon monoxide, two of the most harmful elements in tobacco smoke. Using an e-cigarette isn't completely risk-free, but it carries a small fraction of the risk of smoking and can help you quit.

E-cigarettes are particularly effective when combined with support from local stop smoking services – people who choose this route have some of the highest quitting success rates. E-cigarettes aren't currently available on NHS prescription, but they can be bought in vape shops, pharmacies and other retail outlets.

Is it right for you?
Speak to your GP, pharmacist or local stop smoking service for advice, or find out more on the Smokefree website.

Read more at https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/stoptober...28eQRpEAAYASAAEgKJz_D_BwE#5pYKhTksx6qoM1k8.99

as ianleeds said..... it's years too late; but it's there and they're finally endorsing this as a viable option that actually works. I'm happy about that.
If nothing else, I can now tell the haters to look at the official NHS website as proof that the government consider it to be a good way to get off the stinky killers!
it's a pisser that so much was invested by certain organisations in discrediting vaping - almost as if to protect the huge investment in the heat-not-burn kits that major tobacco companies subsequently released.

Back
Top Bottom