What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Relapses and tanks left sitting around

I wish someone would produce some decent little drip tip caps. The only ones I've seen so far have got cartoon characters on. Just for when you're leaving tanks sitting for hours I mean, not longer.

Seen some plain ones on Ebay - fixes to your tank then strap up to the cap. I'd post a link but I'm not sure that's allowed...

Any juice inside of a closed tank should be absolutely fine to reuse. However, the tanks themselves will no doubt need cleaning if they've sat for a while. Coils in rda / rdta can be reused also but will need to be cleaned, dry burned and rewicked. Liquids evaporate. And more often than not, coils and cotton left for a while will dry out with a more concentrated gunge of sugars and flavourings left behind. Personally, I would drain any juice from closed off tanks into a bottle. Remove any cotton from the coils. Dry fire the coils. Rinse. Put thru ultrasonic cleaner with coils still in place. Put on paper towel and leave to dry. Put back together and check coils fire evenly. Rewick and reuse juice saved from earlier.

I've had juice soaked into the cotton go manky as it evaporates over time and leaves a sugery mess behind but I've never had to throw away juice from a closed tank just because it's sat around for a while.

I am talking about rebuildables tho. For tanks with stock coils I would replace the coil.

I tend to have several tanks filled as I don't like to vape the same juice all day. This inevitably means it sometimes takes a few days to get through a tankful. Basically, close the air intakes, cover the drip tips (I use bottle tops but you can get caps made for the job) and don't leave them exposed to direct sunlight. I've had juice sitting in a tank for a week or more and it's fine.

I wish someone would produce some decent little drip tip caps. The only ones I've seen so far have got cartoon characters on. Just for when you're leaving tanks sitting for hours I mean, not longer.

the little rubber covers on uwell rafale and crown 2 coils (the ones in tubes) are spot on for this , i use them on all my tanks im not using

IMAG1748.jpg

91L12daz3adQOCWi2

91L12daz3adQOCWi2

Last edited:
I've just spent the evening cleaning out all my tanks and read that have been sitting with liquid in them so they are ready to build on when the fancy takes me. So satisfying.

Back
Top Bottom