What's new

Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

drifting_clouds

Initiate
About a month ago I got my first rta. I got the Kylin by vandy vape. For the most part I love it. But recently I find when I fill the tank up and take a hit it almost feels like I am sucking up juice. I'm almost convinced that I do get juice as it tastes very strong, and also feels hot.

I have tried a lower watt and higher watt. I have tried adjusting air flow and juice flow. The only way to stop it is to completely close off the air flow, then eventually it gets better.

Where am I going wrong? I'm on a single Clapton coil, at 0.55 ohm

i dont build but juice in gob sounds like its flooded. in a normal tank i wrap the coil in kitchen roll to soak up the excess and it sorts it but no idea what you do with a rta.
someone will be along soon to advise.

Sometimes you get lucky with the wicking the first time, then find you can't get it right with subsequent builds.

You're probably not using enough cotton, although you will be restricted with how much you can put into a single coil.

Try it with a dual coil build - the Kylin is prone to leaking and the extra cotton will help.

Sometimes you get lucky with the wicking the first time, then find you can't get it right with subsequent builds.

You're probably not using enough cotton, although you will be restricted with how much you can put into a single coil.

Try it with a dual coil build - the Kylin is prone to leaking and the extra cotton will help.

Thanks! I was doing dual builds but finding I was getting super low resistance (0.1 ohm) and I am conscious of not putting the battery under too much strain

Wicking issues like mentioned above, or... I've noticed that with some RTA's you need to close air flow (and juice flow if you have one) when you fill the tank cause with free air movement in the tank and base you can flood the building section. Try closing the air flow when you fill the tank - may help.

I found with the kylin I need to have the cotton pretty tight in the coil to stop the spitback. I always get it after a fresh build because i over saturate my wick but a quick pulse and blow through usually sorts this. Big coils help too. I have 3.5mm coils in mine at 0.23 ohms and its heavenly. I always close the juice flow off when i fill but not the airflow.

Back
Top Bottom