Vape Club
What's new

Got me a deadleus but.....

Pete Chase

Initiate
So thought I'd give it a go, and to be fair it's bloody amazing, can't fault it at all amazingly neat fused Clapton really happy..... But.....

Every fussed clapton I build taste burnt after 3-4 tanks, currently using 28A1 kenthanl x 2 and 40ss316, dual coil 7wraps of 3mm comes out at 0.35, same when I use 40ni80, always burnt.

Any one any advise please?

Cheers

Elux
Clean coils maybe?

Pull wick out, dry burn coils, rinse if need be, rewick like normal.

My coils need cleaning after 2-3 days depending on juice.

Clean coils maybe?

Pull wick out, dry burn coils, rinse if need be, rewick like normal.

My coils need cleaning after 2-3 days depending on juice.
Problem is it's only after 2-3 tanks though, thinking is my 40awg to tight on the core? Or can you not mix materials core and claptons?

Vape Green
How sweat is your juice some coils clog up more quickly then others.

If juice normally fine then I would suggest uploading good image of the coil and people can see it and let you know.

Personally I don't have the experience with coil making but someone will be along soon to help.

I'm currently using a daedalus built fused clapton (2 26 SS cores with 36 nichrome wrap) It's slightly different as mine's on an RDA so I can see what's going on. I've noticed it's a real beast for juice. I'm wondering if you're bottoming the tank out before refilling it and cooking the wicks in the process. I don't honestly think it would take much with these coils.

Royal Flush Vape
I'm currently using a daedalus built fused clapton (2 26 SS cores with 36 nichrome wrap) It's slightly different as mine's on an RDA so I can see what's going on. I've noticed it's a real beast for juice. I'm wondering if you're bottoming the tank out before refilling it and cooking the wicks in the process. I don't honestly think it would take much with these coils.
I not letting the tank empty if that's what you mean but I do chain vape.

Wrapped a 26 ss x 2 and a 32 ss wrap yesterday and seems to going fine up to now, maybe the 40 wrap is what's burning out possibly. Suppose it's all trial and error.

Have you tried any other build other than fussed clapton on your deadlius?

Have you tried any other build other than fussed clapton on your deadlius?

Not yet, still at the youtube stage for the more complicated stuff. I've put over 10ml through this one with no issues. I'd suggest trying the 40 in an RDA and seeing if you get anything like the same result. If not it's likely the chaining that's causing it.

AcmeFog
Just like engines with fuel and air mix ratio, vaping needs a balance of power, wick and juice, if you're getting a burnt taste something isn't doing its job properly. The wick may be unable to supply enough juice for the power you are using (especially chain vaping) and burning the wick as a result. I found that 2x 28g SS316L with a 38g SS316L wrap using 6wraps on a 3mm works well but only needs between 45 & 60w to produce a lot of vapour. Its not a huge coil but it ramps quickly and can be chain vaped without burning with plenty of wick.

If the coil is a bit bigger (how many wraps?) - is your cotton coming out from the coil in 2 pieces? If so then the coil is heating too much in the center, burns the cotton and works as you described. (Had it on mech with low resistance) Remember, it's only my guess based on my personal experience

Innokin
Back
Top Bottom