Vape Superstore
What's new

Oh dear ...... Potential Wismec Predator 510 problem

Been in touch with wismec regarding mine, they've had me take a load of pictures to see what the damage is as well as purchase info and authenticity scratch sticker, will post what is said from them so you guys know whats going on

Smoore
did you hear back?
I will be speaking to SR vapes today. As it happens, I chickened out of buying the Predator, paid some extra moula and bought a Thinkvape Finder 167 DNA250.

One day later, the Finder 167 is showing "Check Battery" with fully charged batteries in, and when plugged it into Evolv on the laptop it is showing Cell 1 ( of 2 ) is 0 volts. In other words, out of one frying pan...into another! Balls.

ANYHOW, when I talk to Steven at SR Vapes about the Finder 167, I'll ask what reply he has been given regarding the Predator. He's still got them on sale on the website, so wondering if he's been given the green light to keep selling.

AcmeFog
Been in touch with wismec regarding mine, they've had me take a load of pictures to see what the damage is as well as purchase info and authenticity scratch sticker, will post what is said from them so you guys know whats going on
They've stated that it is pre production only to me but i am avoiding the predator again as i don't fancy another issue, gonna swap it for a smok alien, i had one originally which was stolen n i never had an issue with it so goin back to that soon as th shop guy gets back in touch :-)

Just a heads up for those that might be considering this mod. Just seen this and there seems to be possibly a problem with the 510.

Dunno how common a problem this is, but might be worth a watch for those that own it or considering it.
Hope that helps and all the best .

When i saw a vid first i could not believe my eyes. Actually, i liked that Predator design more than even RX 2/3 (yeah, i`m that strange typo guy) and looking at its problems (510 connector, missfire and battery cap opening from time to time) makes me want to cry.

Any other good alternatives for an everyday mod i see only sigelei fuchai and evic primo.

The design though...

Innokin
I had 2 Wismec Predators and both broke. Now on my trusty Smok Alien and (touch wood) has been fantastic and cannot fault it.

Had no problems with my Predator, Smok Aliens are way worse for problems the amount of peoples who Aliens have died, or set on fire is more so than any other mod i know of, But both mods are pretty inexpensive so you get what you pay for really and can't expect them to last for to long.. For better value around the same price get a Pioneer4you mod like the IPV8 or a voopoo drag

Vape Green
Wismec mods are normally fine with a short thread base on a tank. Problems start when you use a longer thread. Wismec only offer a guarantee if you use their own tanks with their mods IIRC. On the back of that and previous problems with 2 different mods i won't buy anything else from them. Build quality on the 2/3 was crap IMO. Shame really as i do like some of their mods.
Horses for courses and all that.

Been looking at the predator did they ever recall it or confirm if the 510 issue was on the pre production models ?

Elux
Back
Top Bottom