What's new

OBS Engine

This tank is epic, definitely don't stuff the cotton in the juice holes just poke in an around gently. Some call this the dam method. Never had any issues with this method of wicking the OBS.

This tank is epic, definitely don't stuff the cotton in the juice holes just poke in an around gently. Some call this the dam method. Never had any issues with this method of wicking the OBS.
Funnily enough, I use the other method; gently poking the wick into the holes so that its about halfway down into the juice well. This works well for me.
I do agree that this tank is epic though. Easy as pie to coil and wick. OBS just suits me. So much so that I have three engines (two standard, one nano), frost wyrm and the V1 cheetah.

I love the OBS Engine. I have used it daily since last November. Only ever put simple 24g or 26g kanthal builds in to 0.4 / 0.5 ohm and I love it. No leaks, easy to wick and just works.
Only thing is, to wick the dual coil engine is easier than the nano i feel. Also the dual coil one can run from 2mm coils upto 4mm. I currently have 2.5mm at just under 0.4 and wick it really short. Cut the wick at an agle just enough to sit on the juice holes is perfect for me.
The nano is different, defo need bigger coils and I've finally got it to wick after another thread on here. Got ni80 flat clapton in with a 3.5mm id. Wicked it and then feathered out the ends by at least a third. Now vapes and wicks brilliantly with not a blink of a dry hit.

ok so update 3.5mm fused claptons high up the posts has made a massive difference like night and day although think I got them slightly too high its getting really hot ha.
bit more fettling tomorrow but this makes me happy lol I like the leak free design of this for work, no juice on my therion leather haha.
thanks for this :)

I find it can get quite hot depending on what build you use. Recoiled and wicked this afternoon with 24g ni80 claptons, 3mm id and raised a little. This is a must for keeping it running a little cooler, as well as helping flavour. I used to seat my coils lower and it does get very warm and spitty if set up like this.
As to wicking, I think it comes down to what cotton you're using and knowing its performance based on experience.
I generally use fiber freaks, which is essentially idiot proof. Poke it in the holes or rest it on top and it invariably works. Never had a dry hit with it on this tank. If I were using cotton bacon I would avoid poking it down into the holes overmuch, as it wicks much more slowly when compressed.

Thinking of getting the Engine Mini - I'd hope pretty much the same performance but in a 22mm dia.package? Anyone have the 25 and 22?

Thinking of getting the Engine Mini - I'd hope pretty much the same performance but in a 22mm dia.package? Anyone have the 25 and 22?

Both work as well as each other - I prefer single coils builds so I only use the smaller tank on stealth mods like my Smoant Knight where the cage precludes a bigger diameter.

I have all 3, though I have only used the Nano lately. I personally think the Nano is the best of them, followed by the mini, then the big one. All pretty good imho, though it obviously depends on the coil(s) and power, plus no leaking is a massive plus. I think I might blow the dust off the others, and have a fiddle again.

IMO, all the Engines are Stellar - the flavour is 90% of a good Squonker, but almost totally mess-free.

The Merlin rivals it on flavour, but can be very fussy about leaking. For my money, OBI have produced the the best RBA you can buy, which makes it odd that Gearbest and FT appear to be winding down stocks

I think the small air hole on the Nano is a bit redundant to be honest. One way they could improve it would be to make it a dual coiler, and keep the side air holes.

Back
Top Bottom