Vape Superstore
What's new

If its not a hybrid mech mod, how does it work?...

Trotters

Postman
Hello everyone, so watching & reading loads of stuff online about mech mods, everything says the rda or tank has to have a protruding pin to make a connection to the battery via the 510 topcap.

But, ive noticed some mechs don't have a top cap, so how do these mechs work if they don't have this hybrid 510 top cap?.

Thank you.

Premier Ecigs
You may have got a bit mixed up - it's the hybrids that don't have a top cap.

With hybrids, there is just a disc that screws onto the mod, and the 510 on the tank screws through a threaded hole in the centre to make contact with the top of the battery.

These are riskier, as if the positive on the 510 is too shallow, the negative can make contact with the top of the battery and cause a short.

With a top cap, the tank screws down into the top cap and a pin on the base of the top cap makes contact with the battery. These are much safer as it's impossible to create a short.

There is a third type - a "true" hybrid, where the attie is supplied with the mod and the base of the attie is threaded and screws onto the mod.

These are also very safe.

Vape Green
Hmm. 'Hybrid top cap' is a commonly used phrase to describe a mod with out a 510 pin. The other option is to have an adjustable or sprung 510 pin.

You may have got a bit mixed up - it's the hybrids that don't have a top cap.

With hybrids, there is just a disc that screws onto the mod, and the 510 on the tank screws through a threaded hole in the centre to make contact with the top of the battery.

These are riskier, as if the positive on the 510 is too shallow, the negative can make contact with the top of the battery and cause a short.

With a top cap, the tank screws down into the top cap and a pin on the base of the top cap makes contact with the battery. These are much safer as it's impossible to create a short.
Ah, thanks for that. I was looking at a vgod or the SOI Sub Zero X coz the latter seems to have plenty safety features. So is the SZX hybrid or not? Thanks again

E-liquids.com
AcmeFog
Yep, it has a 'top cap'. The top cap is 510 threaded, but has no pin to make connection between the atomiser and the battery. A 'non-hybrid' mech will have a connection much like the 510 on a regulated mod.

I noticed the SZX has a top cap?

Watch this:

The X has a hybrid connection that works on any atty you attach to it.
Bbut it also has a direct to battery connection for the SOI comp atty only.
Which works rather well.

So aye, the SOI is hybrid connection for non SOI atties.

No real need for fear of hybrid connections tho', as long as your 510 pin protrudes far enough, say a minimum of 0.5mm yir fine. And as long as you know to do spot checks on everything to see if there be any issues fairly often, all is adequate.

Smoore
As above really. All is well and good with hybrid mechs, just remember safety first. The SOI X is s great mod, I love mine, the only really downside for me is that it can't be locked (and the buttons not recessed) so it's a case of battery out whenever it goes anywhere.

The SOI shorty has an adjustable 510 (not a hybrid) and has a recessed button so no chance of accidental misfires. Also a great mech... [emoji108]

Back
Top Bottom