What's new

Ryanair change of policy

MrDJ

Legend
http://www.ivva.ie/latest-news/vape-products-cabin-baggage/

This week, IVVA along with the Independent British Vape Trade Association (IBVTA) wrote a letter to Ryanair regarding the changes to their cabin baggage policy.

The wording of the policy change would have meant that vapers travelling on a Ryanair flight would not be permitted to bring their device with them in their cabin baggage.

We are pleased to see that the wording of the policy has now changed, with “electronic cigarettes” removed from the section listing prohibited items. The policy now reads :

8.3.3 You may carry electronic cigarettes on board but are strictly forbidden to use electronic cigarettes or any other type of cigarette on board the aircraft.

Had people had a problem previous to this change? I flew with them back in July and had no problems.
My mod and tank were in my pocket and eliquid was in a clear bag.

Had people had a problem previous to this change? I flew with them back in July and had no problems.
My mod and tank were in my pocket and eliquid was in a clear bag.

Never had any problems, I've flown with them countless times (sadly) but never had problems with my ecig. Same as you, mod and tank in pocket, liquid in the clear bag.

but they changed their ruling a few weeks ago and it would of been a different story if you had tried then as you would of had all of it confiscated.
until this letter of complaint went in about the wording and it was rectified.

rules change weekly so always check even if a month ago all was fine it might not be now.

@dj, I realise that they have changed their stance regarding mods/e liquid. I was just interested to see if anyone on here had their gear taken off them ?

Think I will play it safe when I go to Ireland with ryanair in a few weeks and post my kit to my brothers house, then post it back lol

Back
Top Bottom