What's new

Has anyone....tungsten?

MilesDeep

Postman
Just curious.........Has anyone ever used or heard of using tungsten?

Okay....one other curiosity. Has anyone mixed metal type with success? Say, Kanthal and SS, or Nickel and Stainless. I want to make a 2 stage heating coil. The thought is that one wire would heat up much faster than the other. The idea being to decrease the heat up time in the coils. Pre-heat the juice, if you will.

Running a single wire parallel to a Clapton is quite common to speed the ramp up time

Tungsten gets used in some ceramic coils - and the CVU chip in the Altus uses tungsten as it's traces. As stated above you can create staged heating coils - This tutorial by Twisted messes should show you how...

You'll most likely find that mixing materials won't work well in TC mode though - although any decent TC mod should have a preheat mode...

Tungsten gets used in some ceramic coils - and the CVU chip in the Altus uses tungsten as it's traces. As stated above you can create staged heating coils - This tutorial by Twisted messes should show you how...

You'll most likely find that mixing materials won't work well in TC mode though - although any decent TC mod should have a preheat mode...

Super helpful. Thank you. Again, I was merely curious. I'm a machinist and have access to a variety of material. I find myself at working thinking to myself, 'I wonder how well it would work if I.......'. The more I know good and bad, the more I know.

Super helpful. Thank you. Again, I was merely curious. I'm a machinist and have access to a variety of material. I find myself at working thinking to myself, 'I wonder how well it would work if I.......'. The more I know good and bad, the more I know.
You'll find a list of the wires that currently get used in the "Wire Wizard" section of steam engine - theres some fairly exotic stuff in there that really doesn't get used very much though - Invar and Niobium alloy spring to mind...

Back
Top Bottom