What's new

Mech Build Numbers Check

ghopki

Postman
Afternoon all!

Playing with Steam Engine for my first mech build - just double checking the numbers with you guys :)

Kanthal A1 26 AWG 0.40mm wire (stealthvape)

3mm inner coil diameter using a Coil Master mandrel.

Duel coil setup - 6 wraps coming out about 0.4 ohms. 0.8ohms per coil.

Sony VTC5A 18650

If the battery is rated at 25A CDR - the above build looks to be coming in at 10.5A draw.

Well within "safe" limits?

Figures (and my understanding!) correct?

Last edited:
Yeah your good to go but won't be the best vape you might wanna change your wire to some ni80 or SS mate

Yeah your good to go but won't be the best vape you might wanna change your wire to some ni80 or SS mate

Much appreciated mate, i'll look into getting some better wire.

Any preference over Ni or SS? AWG size?

Last edited:
Much appreciated mate, i'll look into getting some better wire.

Any preference over Ni or SS? AWG size?
SS gives a cleaner taste but builds lower than NI80 so it depends on what your after personally I'd go for some stealthvape brochrome its flattened NI80 and vapes like a dream have a play with steam engine on NI80 and play with 22G and 24G see how many wraps you need to build a reasonable sized coil(not too big) at the ohm you want then order that wire you won't be disappointed [emoji5]

VTC5A are IMO best batteries for mech mods. Tested by some American guy (Mooch I think) up to 70Amp discharge (0.05 Ohm or somewhere close). Remember that Amperage is given for constant discharge and VTC5A has 35Amp limit. But on pulse discharge (when you vape and lock button if can be pressed with no controll) they handle 50Amp no issues.

VTC5A are IMO best batteries for mech mods. Tested by some American guy (Mooch I think) up to 70Amp discharge (0.05 Ohm or somewhere close). Remember that Amperage is given for constant discharge and VTC5A has 35Amp limit. But on pulse discharge (when you vape and lock button if can be pressed with no controll) they handle 50Amp no issues.
The vct5a is a 25A cell not a 35A

My bad, I knew they had 35A mark as well - pulse discharge it was so I got confused. Still they are tested up to 70A by Mooch so I'm happy to use them with my builds.

Back
Top Bottom