What's new

Euston Evacuation after ecig explosion

This has nothing to do with anybody wanting to label vaping "evil".

This is a genuine concern for all of us, vapers included. Suppose this had happened in a crowded carriage?

We're living in an age where there is someone to blame for everything. We can no longer say "Shit happens" and move on, every ridiculous measure must be taken to ensure there is no repeat of anything that might cause the slightest inconvenience to anybody, no matter what the cost or the (un)likelihood of a repeat.

This will have major repercussions and there's not a lot we can say in defence.

You are right Ment, it may have major repercussions, but it seems to have gone quiet.
Nothing from the police, little from the rail networks (apart from a review of evacuation procedures) little in the newspapers.
Was it a case of "jumping the gun" person at the scene asking someone leaving the station, well there was a bang, a bit of smoke, and I think I saw someone using an e-cigarette.......
Only time will tell after investigation.

If it were not for reading this thread, I would never have known about this incident and I watch the six o clock news every day. Must have missed this bit.

It looks like the original report may have exaggerated a bit. I had to dig to find it on the BBC website and there were no updates, so I'm guessing they may have got everybody back in without cancelling any trains.

Hehe looks like we were all scandalised about it more than anyone else seeing as I've not found any follow ups on the story either. I did wonder whether it was as bad as it seemed after seeing this guys tweet...I thought either its a load of fuss about nowt or that guy has balls like watermelons/was too tightass to abandon his overpriced cuppa :18:

Screenshot_17.jpg

think this says it all, direct from the horses mouth.

London Fire Brigade

Back
Top Bottom