What's new

Euston Evacuation after ecig explosion

Would it make any difference if it's a mech or loose batteries? I don't think it would to the powers that decree Health & Safety legislation.

Couldn't have happened in a worse place. The cost of armed police, road closures, train disruptions. The terror and delays caused.
If a numpty with a loose battery I hope s/he gets locked up.
People waiting to get home (The Independent):
euston-station-queues.jpg

and an account from a Euston restaurant worker who claims to have been on Westminster Bridge and not far from London Bridge when the terror attacks happened, described scenes of sheer panic in the station:

"People started rushing towards the restaurant and some younger people were pushing customers to find refuge in the kitchen.
Three people tried to enter one of the fridges, they were crying and shaking. Some people were screaming 'No, I don't want to die'".

Would it make any difference if it's a mech or loose batteries? I don't think it would to the powers that decree Health & Safety legislation.

Potentially a numpty with a mech could cause a bigger bang, as a mech user I selfishly would rather not have the focus on them.
A numpty with loose batteries does not draw the same attention to the device, it is just someone not transporting batteries in the recommended manor.

Potentially a numpty with a mech could cause a bigger bang, as a mech user I selfishly would rather not have the focus on them.
A numpty with loose batteries does not draw the same attention to the device, it is just someone not transporting batteries in the recommended manor.
This is crap. The problem is that the batteries were not designed to be in the hands or sold by people who have no respect for their danger. In an age where it's increasingly difficult to buy knives, acid, bleach etc why would they leave batteries alone?

I hope we find out what really happened before gov jump on the anti vaping bandwaggon. If iits human error then nothing should change

I hope we find out what really happened before gov jump on the anti vaping bandwaggon. If iits human error then nothing should change
Wishful thinking. Gov'ment and dirt media just want another example of vaping being 'evil'.

I just posted a question on mechs, batteries & safety before i heard about this

Wishful thinking. Gov'ment and dirt media just want another example of vaping being 'evil'.

Well I think the thing here is not was it a mech mod, was it a regulated mod, was it spare batteries ?
A it happened in a bag, I would say it could be any of the above.
Owned by a nutter, who put then in a bag with their water bottle, not understanding that water, and electricity don't mix well........................

This has nothing to do with anybody wanting to label vaping "evil".

This is a genuine concern for all of us, vapers included. Suppose this had happened in a crowded carriage?

We're living in an age where there is someone to blame for everything. We can no longer say "Shit happens" and move on, every ridiculous measure must be taken to ensure there is no repeat of anything that might cause the slightest inconvenience to anybody, no matter what the cost or the (un)likelihood of a repeat.

This will have major repercussions and there's not a lot we can say in defence.

Not seen too much in the papers (Metro, Standard) on the commute today....one mention, and not an anti-vape lynching.....am I reading the wrong papers?

And, no - I'm not touching the Mail or Express for anybody.

Back
Top Bottom