Innokin
What's new

Mooch's fake Samsung 25r alert

Quick question to my UK friends, do cloned batteries make their way there also? They pop up in the US, rarely, we could possibly sue the seller, so most will always try to do right for their customers. I've never been had, cloned or rewraps, luckily, but was just wondering about you guys if they pop up there.

Vape Club
Quick question to my UK friends, do cloned batteries make their way there also? They pop up in the US, rarely, we could possibly sue the seller, so most will always try to do right for their customers. I've never been had, cloned or rewraps, luckily, but was just wondering about you guys if they pop up there.

They do, as ultimately it's all down to the agents in Asia as to what exactly gets shipped over to the vendors in the uk, same as the USA.
But the vendors who pay particular attention and batch test/inspect the cells will notice long before the general public get their hands on them.
It's only usually eBay and the lesser regarded retailers where we run any amount of risk of actually ending up with fake cells.

They do, as ultimately it's all down to the agents in Asia as to what exactly gets shipped over to the vendors in the uk, same as the USA.
But the vendors who pay particular attention and batch test/inspect the cells will notice long before the general public get their hands on them.
It's only usually eBay and the lesser regarded retailers where we run any amount of risk of actually ending up with fake cells.

The thing about batteries, never go on Ebay, lol. Penny pinching to save a dime could backfire like you've mentioned. Always buy from a reputable dealer, always. I still purchase batteries at the same vendor since 2012 and haven't had the need to go elsewhere, even when I might save a buck or two. Legit batteries are extremely important for me because I like danger builds; I know my VTC5's and 25R's very well, experienced mechanical user for some years, fast ramp up, short pulse, thick milky flavorful hot vapes. If I used fakes, not sure they would handle the amp load well and not wanting to try it either. Anyways, thanks for explaining, good to hear that China doesn't always f_ck the US, they like the UK too!

:18:

Vape Green
I only buy batteries from local dealers. In that way i can see the voltage drop and return them. I've tried 18650 batteries from laptop and i tend to believe clones will have these two(they cannot hold big wattages and start sliding down in minutes. I guess, it's ok with MTL vape). It's my goto plan. It's not that big price difference. Then again, if i bought a clone and i've barely seen a voltage drop, that can be a good clone, especially for me, regulated boxmod user.

ordered some batteries from china and they sent me over a used condom which i couldnt even put on my finger

Premier Ecigs
I ONLY deal with Fogstar for my battery needs....even when I made a woopsie and bought the wrong batteries.....they could not have been more helpful with exchanging them, even though the mistake was my own fault.

No disrespect to our battery master but isn't that a kind of 'how to' for cloners?

Its always going to be an arms race realistically. Someone comes up with a con, Someone else exposes the con, people become aware and the con becomes less effective. The con is dropped and a new con emerges and we all go round the circle again.

Better that than someone getting away with making a 30 year career out of the same scam while others suffer the consequences of not knowing how to protect themselves from it.

AcmeFog

There seem to be a lot of batteries with different names on them. There are very few actual manufacturers of batteries and so its reasonable to conclude these are cells that have been re-wrapped but then its not like they are trying to hide that fact so it doesn't seem particularly untoward to me.

When it comes to a cell that says Samsung on it when it isn't for example, that's a difficult one to answer. You would like to think people aren't doing this. When I bought my last mod, I got it cheap and it became even cheaper when the guy agreed to throw in batteries for free. As soon as 'free batteries were mentioned, I became nervous about them. On checking them out, they are well wrapped and on the front they have INR18650-25R, SAMSUNG, SDI, 5, and 2HA2 printed on them. In addition they have J5HA 4A651 printed on them. They look good to me and I haven't had any problems with them so I'm assuming they are real, but how would I really know?

E-liquids.com
Oh no I’ve seen things on Facebook about ecigs batterys blowing up and have just got two of these batterys is there a way to check without taking the wrap off ?

Seeing stuff like this always scares me

Back
Top Bottom