What's new

Some questions about CBD

jay2

Postman
I've had half-a-mind to try vaping cbd for some time. It does seem like it could be really beneficial for me, but i've been a bit wary of dipping a toe in that water. From what I've read on here, it's very different from vaping nicotine, and you could just be vaporising money if you don't do it right.

Excuse me starting my own thread. I couldn't find the answers to all my questions in the other threads here,

I suppose I should say a bit about me, and what I hope CBD will do for me

For a starter, I'm sensitive to PG. It sets off my asthma, so i usually vape PG-free juice. Now, I've read about the difficuties with dissolving CBD in VG, but there are some 100VG cbd juices on the market anyway (hmm, maybe should add them to that PG -free juice thread of mine?)....at a price! Meh. I' decided to compromise for the sake of experimentation, and picked up some special offer 3X vape juice from CBD mods, because they were recommended by apes. It's 30%PG , IIRC. I'm thinking that I might dilute it with VG (+distilled water?) , if i the PG gives me problems? Would that be OK?

I'm also thinking I might just drip a bit into food and take it that way instead :18:. No reason why not, is there?

In any case , i don't think it would be wise of me to vape PG continually, even at low concentration. This is just to get me started, and help me fiind out if this is really gonna work for me,

I'm normally an MTL vaper. Not sure if that works wih cbd?

I gather that cbd has to be raised to a certain , comparatively high temperature (which specific temperature escapes my mind ATM) in order to get all the beneficial stuff vapourised. If you vape it at a lower temp , you might as well vape 0mg. I further gather that you therefore need TC kit. Now, I've got an Aspire Odyssey mini kit that i think will do? It includes the Triton Mini tank and a 0.15 ohm Ni200 coil. A pretty modest mod, but good enough to support that set-up, I should think, given they were sold as a set.

I haven't used it yet, I pretty much bought it with cbd in mind. So don't you dare go tell me it's no good for cbd,or I'll, i'll, Ill...cry. Then go buy summat else.

I do know that cbd concentrations are stated as mg/bottle, not mg/ml, so the less-than-wary get less than they think. Chiz! :12:

I don't know what sort ort of dosage I should give myself to start with ? And if that would change (and by what factor?) if i ijust gave up on this faff and ingested it instead.

I also don't know, come to think, how the heck we're supposed to give ourselves a measured dosage if we're vaping it?

As for my reasons for using it: I have an incurable, progressive metabolic disorder which results in some increasingly severe neurological symptoms (including seizures) , neuropathic pain, and and various painful muscular problems, to mention but a few of the symptoms. It all sounds like stuff that might repond well to cbd. I'm presently on no medication at all, not even painkillers, having had allergic reactions or else really nasty side-effects with just about everything available on the NHS, or OTC.. It would be great to find something that makes me feel better rather than worse!

Thanks for listening, Apes :)

Last edited:
Well long read there but I'll put in what I can.

From what I read a dripper is the way to got with cbd to get the most out of it I've used in a unity rda, tight dl to mtl.

You can eat it but I think dosage is different and cbd brothers (I think) maybe cbd mods carry edible oils

It can be useful for pain and seizures from what I read so with what your saying, trying it out could be a big benefit for you

As far as working out dosage I've just puffed away for a bit and stopped when I felt if had enough but that's far from accurate, but I don't think you'll get the full effects from mtl though I may be wrong there

Hopefully someone else can chime in a bit with more to add though

Thanks, @jock1092 :) I should have said: I'm trying to avoid faffing around with rda and drippers, on account of my poor co-ordination and involuntary muscle twitches. I really need things physically robust, chunky and pre-built insofar as poss. Looks to me like that kit I've got already can get it to the requisite temperature? which seems to be the main thing.

I know one shouldn't vape cbd oils, because , well, vaping any sort of oil is bad. But I've not yet read anything to the effect that one shouldn't, conversely ingest the juice. Obviously , I'm not a fount of knowlege on the subject, which is why I'm asking for advice, so maybe there's some reason why the vapable extract wouldn't be effective that way? But I'd like to to hear why not before I rule that out.

Last edited:
You would probably make life easier for yourself by getting capsules or a tincture (drops under your tongue). CBDBrothers are highly rated from what I've read. As far as dosage is concerned, CBD is not supposed to be sold with any claims to treat specific conditions - I think that area's a bit murky legally. So while Google might lead you to some recommended dosages, I don't think the legitimate sellers will. Can't help with the vaping side I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Thanks Leni :) Yeah, my Mum gets her Cbd oil from CBD Brothers. She thoroughly researched it before making her mind up, so I should think they're good. Three things make me hesitate to just do the same as Mum:
a) the cost! this could become prohibitively expensive.
b) My body has great difficulty metabolising oils. Whilst I don't think those small amounts of cannabis oil would make me ill, I do very much question whether I'd end up with the expected metabolites in my bloodstream? I mean, it might turn out to be as pointless as vaping the stuff at the wrong temperature. If I could start with vaping it, sucessfully (or eating the non-oily vape juice) then at least I'd have a point-of-reference, so I could tell if the oil wasn't working like it should.
3) I'm a frickin vaper , and I'm stubborn as all get-out :18:

Dripper really is the only way to fly with it in my experience.

I'd second @Leni and sidestep the whole issue of vaping it if you think its going to present problems, there are other preparations available.

But..but...but..you're not telling me what i want to hear, @pure_ohmage ! :D

but seriously, i'm asking on a vaping forum because I do want to vape it, and I'm stubborm. Maybe, long term, it won't be worth the faff, but first of all I want to explore all the options. With all the health issues I have, almost eveything (including taking cbd via the stomach rioute) presents problems, so I have to be up for a challenge .

Right now, I'm unsure if any method of CBD delivery is gonna work for me. At the end of the day, i'd like to find 2-3 options that are worth a shot...and maybe I'm overoptimistic, but that still looks possible from where I'm standing., conditional on the aswer to some of my queastions, ofc.

Dripper you say...well, I think I read somewhere that there is such a thing as a non-rebuildable dripper. Or, at least, drippers that you can buy pre-built coils for. So, I'm not ruling out drippers. But, if I can get away with a conventional TC kit I will. That said, that's only because I'd rather take the cost ( I have rent to pay as well *chuckle*) and the learning curve a bit at a time, whereas I want to start using the CBD as near to right away as possible

well, i still don't know what the heck i'm doing with this stuff, still have a load of unanswered questions, but i do know that you don't have to worry too much about about overdose, and i was in pretty bad fpain today, and generally feeling like crap. And I just couldn't resist trying out those little bottles any longer. It also struck me that, with the kind of concentration I've got there, it would only actually take a drop or two to make up a therapeutic dose. So i just did the simple thing and added three drops to my current vape and shook it up a bit. After vaping about a third of the tank, the pain has eased off and I'm feeling much more alert. That might be coincidence, but I reckon i'll keep this up for the time being, and try to gather more info as I go.

Ofc , there was only a trace of PG in the final mix, and it hasn't triggered my asthma; but I'll still be aiming to eliminate PG completely in future.

For the record, I'm currently vaping on Nautilus X tank with the 1.8ohm coil,, at around 12-13 W. I wonder if that produces approximately the right temperature for CBD ? As far as I can gather, the recommended temperature is 180- 210C (depending which website you're reading)

But..but...but..you're not telling me what i want to hear, @pure_ohmage ! :D

but seriously, i'm asking on a vaping forum because I do want to vape it, and I'm stubborm. Maybe, long term, it won't be worth the faff, but first of all I want to explore all the options. With all the health issues I have, almost eveything (including taking cbd via the stomach rioute) presents problems, so I have to be up for a challenge .

Right now, I'm unsure if any method of CBD delivery is gonna work for me. At the end of the day, i'd like to find 2-3 options that are worth a shot...and maybe I'm overoptimistic, but that still looks possible from where I'm standing., conditional on the aswer to some of my queastions, ofc.

Dripper you say...well, I think I read somewhere that there is such a thing as a non-rebuildable dripper. Or, at least, drippers that you can buy pre-built coils for. So, I'm not ruling out drippers. But, if I can get away with a conventional TC kit I will. That said, that's only because I'd rather take the cost ( I have rent to pay as well *chuckle*) and the learning curve a bit at a time, whereas I want to start using the CBD as near to right away as possible
Never came to mind at the time but a decent sized rda should take notch coil, premade and Tc ready
They could be a solution to it

Back
Top Bottom