What's new

Constant Leaking from RTa tank

JEmpire

Postman
Hi, I'm new to RTA building and I got the Freemax Fireluke tank, and it appears no matter what I do, I get horrendous amount of leaking.

I've noticed it seems to be more flooded/leaking when I fill the tank up.

I've tried different styles of cotton and it's quantities, but no matter what, it just leaks.

I've only had it for couple of days and I'm just wasting juice by filling it up, only to just pour out of my tank.

Could it be my wicking? I used to do long wicks/cotton threads(?) but realized only the cotton inside the coil was absorbing n not the whole cotton itself. So I tried shortening it so the wick is just about touching the deck. But again, I'm still getting copious amount of flooding.

When it comes to next month, I might just get an RDA. But I spent £40 on this tank so I don't want to give up so easily.

Does anyone have any ideas, theories or solutions please?!

I don't know this tank, however check that the o rings at the top are making a seal as these are needed to make a vacuum and must be air tight. If you've tried different ways of wicking it's probably not that but you could just stuff it with wick (will give dry hits) and if the leaking stops you have the cause so then you need to adjust the wicking, some tanks are fussy until you get it 'just right'.
Also check YouTube for build vids.

I don't know this tank, however check that the o rings at the top are making a seal as these are needed to make a vacuum and must be air tight. If you've tried different ways of wicking it's probably not that but you could just stuff it with wick (will give dry hits) and if the leaking stops you have the cause so then you need to adjust the wicking, some tanks are fussy until you get it 'just right'.
Also check YouTube for build vids.

Thanks for this.

I made sure that all O-rings were tight, meaning there shouldn't be any cause for a vacuum to open up.

However, I did check my cotton and again, it seems as the end wicks just do no soak up any juice apart from when I wick them.

Does this mean I need to make the length of the cotton longer? I feel as though if I do this, I will only be stuffing, leaving not enough space for the liquid to absorb? RTA, are fiddly things!

On what basis did you choose the Freemax Fireluke as your first RTA?

Leaking will be down to one or more of these:-

1. Poor design
2. Component failure (might be a manufacturing fault but this will be mostly to do with o-rings)
3. Atmospheric changes
4. User error (wicking or refill procedure)

Selecting a well-reviewed and highly-regarded RTA should rule out number 1.

Whatever atty you choose, if it's your first rebuildable tank then 4 is the most likely - your wicking. If you have this problem doubtless others will too, so check for reviews and YouTube instruction on the best wicking method for that atty. If you can't find any, put up some photos of the deck, both wicked and pre-wicked (coils only) so that some suggestions can be made. Not everyone will have the same atty as you but the chances are that someone has used something very similar.

On what basis did you choose the Freemax Fireluke as your first RTA?

Leaking will be down to one or more of these:-

1. Poor design
2. Component failure (might be a manufacturing fault but this will be mostly to do with o-rings)
3. Atmospheric changes
4. User error (wicking or refill procedure)

Selecting a well-reviewed and highly-regarded RTA should rule out number 1.

Whatever atty you choose, if it's your first rebuildable tank then 4 is the most likely - your wicking. If you have this problem doubtless others will too, so check for reviews and YouTube instruction on the best wicking method for that atty. If you can't find any, put up some photos of the deck, both wicked and pre-wicked (coils only) so that some suggestions can be made. Not everyone will have the same atty as you but the chances are that someone has used something very similar.

I chose it because I thought it was gonna be quite easy cause it had a tank so I wouldn't have to keep dripping it. And of course it looks like a pretty unusual tank.

I don't know how to check the O rings apart from screwing things down tightly.

I've managed to notice that whenever I refill the tank it will leak through the airflows. And also the juice that leaks is always really dark, like a brown/blackish colour. Any thoughts on that?

And yeah I'll post pictures and see if anyone cab help me, thanks!

I chose it because I thought it was gonna be quite easy cause it had a tank so I wouldn't have to keep dripping it. And of course it looks like a pretty unusual tank.

I don't know how to check the O rings apart from screwing things down tightly.

I've managed to notice that whenever I refill the tank it will leak through the airflows. And also the juice that leaks is always really dark, like a brown/blackish colour. Any thoughts on that?

And yeah I'll post pictures and see if anyone cab help me, thanks!

Never used that tank so can't be specific but if the juice leaking out is really dark then it sounds like juice is leaking into the air vents and sitting underneath the deck. When you refill the tank you're displacing some of this manky old discoloured juice. Could be a pressure thing...could just be that when you're wicking the cotton is crowding the airflow.

Dont know this tank at all, is it this one?
Screenshot_20170812-231029.png

I had this problem with a rdta and it was because i was not closing the air vents or the juice flow control (not sure they all have this) when refilling the tank

Dont know this tank at all, is it this one?View attachment 136392
I had this problem with a rdta and it was because i was not closing the air vents or the juice flow control (not sure they all have this) when refilling the tank

Hey,

Yes its that tank. I've wicked and rewicked a dozen times and ice noticed, when I draw, I look inside the airflow and it seems to be leaking from the gold cylinder thing that screws on one of the deck post.

Also, the bottom of the glass tank, where the bottom o-ring connects the glass tank to the airflow piece seems to always have juice around it on the outside.... I just don't know what to do and I am wasting a lot of juice and cotton on this!

The leak is coming from the gold cylinder piece in the center of the airflow. Does anyone know what this could mean?

Attachments

• 1502796897735-518729637.jpg
    1502796897735-518729637.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 398
The leak is coming from the gold cylinder piece in the center of the airflow. Does anyone know what this could mean?
It could be that your cotton is too close to the airflow hole that feeds air to your coil causing juice to run down the hole and out the bottom of your tank try moving your wick clear of the air hole [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom