What's new

Review Joytech Elitar Pipe.

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi Apes been a while since my last review but today i am going to review the Joytech Elitar pipe which was sent to me for review by @gearbest.com so first as usual i will say thanks to gearbest for sending me the Elitar for review. But also the review is my personal opinion and just because i got it sent to me for review this will not have any influence on the review.

Whats in the box: You get an Elitar Pipe mod, with a matching Cubis tank, 2 coils 1 a 0.5ss for dtl and a 1.5 ohm coil for MTL vaping, usb cable, 2 instructions manuals, warranty card and a card warning you how to fill the tank.
The 2 manuals one is for the mod and the other for the tank.

Specs:

• Output modes - VW / Bypass / Smart / TC (Ni, Ti, SS) / TCR
  • Output wattage - 1-75W
  • Resistance ranges - 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes) / 0.1-3.5ohm (VW/Bypass/Smart mode)
  • Temperature ranges - 100-315°C / 200-600°F
  • Tank capacity - 2ml
  • Atomizer resistance - 0.5ohm / 1.5ohm
  • The device requires 1x 18650 battery.
Ok so i got the Elitar about 3 weeks ago and have been using it on weekends due to someone saying pipes are more enjoyable on weekends, I have now used it during the week as well and find that it gives the same enjoyment.
Joke out the way, i have been using this mod with the 0.5 coil as i am not a MTL vaper and have now purchased the RBA section for it.
The mod is nice and comfortable to hold has the screen situated on the top of the bowl part of the pipe with up/down buttons and the fire button is below the screen where the bowl joins the pipes tube so is quite comfortably placed for easy use.
the battery compartment is on the underside near the bowl end with the usb charge port also located in the side of the bowl. i found that with an LG HE4 the battery door had a little bit of a gap but with a samsung 25r it was more flush. The magnets hold the bowl end of the door really well and the oposite end slides into the pipe part i do find that the door will move side to side slightly at times. The up down buttons have a slight rattle but for me that is not a con. Your menu system comes into play with 3 clicks of the fire button then the up button switches between vw, tc ni200 m1 and bypass mode so to use titanium or stainless steel wires etc you have to set the co efficiency in the m1 mode. use the down button after 3 clicks to swith from changing wires, bypass,etc to go and switch between puff counter, and amps.
press up and down together for key lock, down and fire together switches stealth on and off, up and fire together will turn the logo on or off. the logo is also customizable the logo will change to the screen which tells you wattage, mode, amps, battery indicator amps and voltage. As you vape it shows the set power and how long a puff you take then switches back to your logo before returning to a blank screen. Finally 5 clicks switches the device on or off.
The whole system is simple enough to navigate.
The 510 pin has a slight bit of spring to it but not a lot the screen is a nice large square with big clear display and the buttons are nice and clicky, Firmware is upgradeable too.
NI200 tc works well so i presume other wires will be the same but i would have to find out first before i can say yes for sure.

I have mainly used the pipe mod with the cubis tank it came with but have tried a couple of others to see if there is a difference and what i did find was the Cubis 0.5 coil does have slight problems with high Vg juices so if you did use 80% vg you need to allow the coil to resoak or you get a dry hit, i have mainly used the cubis at about 26.5 watts and was actually suprised how good it was. I had seen and heard others saying the tank was not very good, each to their own i suppose. I also found the flavour was very decent as well as vapour production. The cubis is top fill has a decent amount of airflow which is adjustable, the drip tip is a standard 510 and can be changed should you wish.
There is also a range of different coils available for the Cubis.
My other con on this tank is i find it hard to tell how full it is the tank has 3 rows of thin lines which makes it difficult to tell how full the tank is.
The tank is also leak free which i found to be slightly wrong as i have found it to have liquid on the outer, maybe because its a pipe mod and i don't have a pipe stand yet so have to lay it flat when not in use, however it is not a major leakage just similar to a bit of condensation.

The mod is available in 5 colours by the way. I have the wooden look, black, grey, silver and gold are also available.

Pros:

Easy to navigate
comfortable in hand
eay to use
Firmware upgradeable
custom logo can be added
Looks quite nice
Its a VW TC pipe mod
works well as long as you don't chain vape it
Battery life is fairly decent at a lower wattage
Decent flavour and vapour production
DTL or MTL use depends on the coil used
Theres a decent range of coils for the tank
I like the fire button position most pipe mods have the button where the screen is which makes vaping it look wrong

Cons:

the door moving side to side
The 0.5 coils not keeping up with high VG liquids
No presets for Ti or SS temp control
Hard to tell how full the tank is or how low it is on liquid.

Conclusion:

For a first pipe mod this has made me quite pleased to have. I have enjoyed using it and will continue to do so, hopeing the rba section will be better than the stock coils with high VG juices i will find out soon.
I like the look of the pipe and find it sinple to use and comfortable to use.
It is a different form factor to your usual box mod set ups which has made a nice change.
But i won't be restricting its use to weekends only. Being a vw tc pipe set up i would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of getting a pipe set up or wishing to switch from a tobacco pipe to vaping. I will be honest and say the U.K price for these is rather a lot to be fair but from our friends in the far east its value for money. Thats it for this review folks i am off to look for a pipe stand and will be back with a review of the OBS Engine mini and comments on the obs Engine soon.
Thanks for reading my review.

Elitar_Pipe_01.png

20170328_192128[1].jpg 20170328_192138[1].jpg 20170328_192157[1].jpg

what is the mod made of?
I ordered it yesterday for $19, and I'd like to know that :D

Stainless steel and zinc alloy. The wooden one is not wooden just wood coloured, $19 is a really good price, well done
thank for fast reply!
I asked because I thought it was plastic (like the Smok Guardian 3)
it was ordered from Aliexpress, so I hope in it's going to arrive soon.

thank for fast reply!
I asked because I thought it was plastic (like the Smok Guardian 3)
it was ordered from Aliexpress, so I hope in it's going to arrive soon.
To be fair the Elitar is very good for the money. The Cubis tank is ok but i would buy the rba for it and save a bit of money . You do get 1 MTL coil and one sub ohm coil with the kit. If you have ordered the wood look version you are stuck with using the cubis, if you have a black or silver colour coming you can swap the tank on it. i am presuming the chipset is the same one thats in the Evic or cuboid mini. The fire botton is in a better location than the Smok pipes . I am sure you will enjoy using it and you can change the firmware on it to yjis one and you then have more control over customization . In a similar way to a DNA device
https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/arcticfox-firmware.15/

To be fair the Elitar is very good for the money. The Cubis tank is ok but i would buy the rba for it and save a bit of money . You do get 1 MTL coil and one sub ohm coil with the kit. If you have ordered the wood look version you are stuck with using the cubis, if you have a black or silver colour coming you can swap the tank on it. i am presuming the chipset is the same one thats in the Evic or cuboid mini. The fire botton is in a better location than the Smok pipes . I am sure you will enjoy using it and you can change the firmware on it to yjis one and you then have more control over customization . In a similar way to a DNA device
https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/arcticfox-firmware.15/
thanks!
unfortunately, the AF isn't compatible with Elitar pipe [emoji24]
I know the FW pretty well, as I've been using it on most of my devices which are compatible.
and the 510 connector is still there, e.g. a Doggystyle RTA wouldn't look bad on it even tho it's not wooden and shit.
when it arrives, I'll post a few photos in this thread, if you don't mind.

thanks!
unfortunately, the AF isn't compatible with Elitar pipe [emoji24]
I know the FW pretty well, as I've been using it on most of my devices which are compatible.
and the 510 connector is still there, e.g. a Doggystyle RTA wouldn't look bad on it even tho it's not wooden and shit.
when it arrives, I'll post a few photos in this thread, if you don't mind.

Ahh didn't realise the AF firmware was a no go, i only have it on my Pico. I was assuming the chipset maybe the same as the vtc mini. By all means post pics in the thread when you use a different atty. Hope you enjoy the Elitar.:2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom