Vape Superstore
What's new

Manc Meet "Back to our Roots" meet 12th Aug.

Just got back from a very enjoyable afternoon with the north west POTV vape meet, held as always at http://www.theolddancer.co.uk/

Great to see most of the regular faces like @city461, @Tubbyengineer and @daz_app And semi-regular @craigwalsh plus a couple of new/old faces in the form of @Jimmydids and err... crap I'm bloody useless with names (who put me in charge of this after action report thigamy jig!)

It was also nice to meet the boys from Poynton Vapes (https://www.vapeclouduk.co.uk/) who popped in after work to say hello and chew the fat with everyone for a while. Two genuinely nice fellas, hopefully they'll be able to make it to future meets as well and don't forget your 10% POTV discount code if you want to support a local vape shop.

Sadly no fights with minor celebrities or garden ornaments this time as @3dj had to work and @butlerd was also sadly missing as he had to keep the lights on at Luton airport for all those lucky people jetting off on their jollies.

I believe the next meet has been set for sat 23rd sept at the usual place. I'll be on holiday but I'm sure the rest of the gang will make you feel welcome if you decide to join them.

Last edited:
Innokin
Just got back from a very enjoyable afternoon with the north west POTV vape meet, held as always at http://www.theolddancer.co.uk/

Great to see most of the regular faces like @city461, @Tubbyengineer and @daz_app And semi-regular @craigwalsh plus a couple of new/old faces in the form of @Jimmydids and err... crap I'm bloody useless with names (who put me in charge of this after action report thigamy jig!)

It was also nice to meet the boys from Poynton Vapes (https://www.vapeclouduk.co.uk/) who popped in after work to say hello and chew the fat with everyone for a while. Two genuinely nice fellas, hopefully they'll be able to make it to future meets as well and don't forget your 10% POTV discount code if you want to support a local vape shop.

Sadly no fights with minor celebrities or garden ornaments this time as @3dj had to work and @butlerd was also sadly missing as he had to keep the lights on at Luton airport for all those lucky people jetting off on their jollies.

I believe the next meet has been set for sat 23rd sept at the usual place. I'll be on holiday but I'm sure the rest of the gang will make you feel welcome if you decide to join them.

Thanks Antony, appreciate that.

@red5 How could you forget me:2thumbsup: (chicken nuggets in a curry house). Was great to meet up with the NW chapter again after VF. Weather good, beer cold, chat inane, just what I expected.
Was disappointed that the chunt @3dj failed to show after begging me to turn up to a Manc meet for weeks.
Also the Poynton Vapes guys, thanks for turning up & the great deal on the Pulses, & no I still can't justify the price of a 3D printed box lol ;)

Thanks again guys for the warm welcome.

Vape Green
Second what @red5 and @nwhornet said... great meet and great turnout...
Ive been nagging the lads from vapeclouduk.co.uk to come for a while and was great to see them turn up bearing bargains for @nwhornet and @Jimmydids . Thanks gents. Genuinely 2 guys who are passionate about vaping and their shop and business. Always welcome gents...
Great to see @nwhornet and @Motorheaded attend their first Manc Meet and hope you gents can make it a regular occurrence as your company was enjoyed by all, especially @nwhornet in whom I have found a drinking partner who can sup at pace and not need to be poured into a taxi at 6pm. @3dj your fired.
@Tubbyengineer and @daz_app , always a pleasure to see you stalwarts of our community and sorry about the new car parking prices Darren, Take the £2.70 out the raffle money next time... @Jimmydids now you know where we are theres no excuse now...

It was also decided this time not to hold a raffle for one of our specific charity`s but to have a group collection over 2 of our monthly meets and compile a `Hamper` style mega prize for @Rob charity raffle... (PM me for full details Rob)

The weather was kind to us and moving on to our customary balcony to benefit from the evening sun worked well. The staff as always were welcoming and pleasant even though Darren did have a rant at one poor chap removing 4ml of frutini from his table... I will go out of my way to pop down to the pub today to offer a more personal `thank you` and might have a pink drink...
Curry house was great again and Steve`s chpice last time seemed popular this time apart from @nwhornet who had chicken nuggets and chips...We will go to a more appealing restaurant next time for you...
Apart from the JD sales behind the bar @3dj wasnt missed in the slightest....Heres hoping you get more over time on a saturday...
Always a pleasure Gents.... It Was Emotional..

Elux
The something of September was suggested at today's meet as the next date for a get together so if people would like to then I suggest Manchester City centre for a real Manc meet?
Your suggestion has been noted... and after a discussion at the curry house binned. Everybody is comfortable where we are, especially the people who travel some distance such as @Tubbyengineer @daz_app @red5 and especially @butlerd who travels from Landon to the meet. We have good hospitality and location. Maybe we should consider your last suggestion where we got kicked out into the rain after only 2 of us started vaping.
We cant use the Royal Oak in Didsbury now because of Duncan`s red card and the premier league.
It is not easy to find a pub where they openly welcome 12+ chugging apes.. Have a wide selection of cask ales, sell quality pies for @Tubbyengineer , good curry house for @daz_app , nice cheap accomodation next to the station for @butlerd , pink drinks, dont charge for the hire of the upstairs room when we need it, toilets that @3dj cant flood, doeas a great breakfast next door in the morning for @dg109 , @butlerd and Sir Alex Furgusson.

Last edited:
@city461 no need to change eateries to accommodate a fussy eater like me, I'm more than happy to go with the flow. Can always rob the bread basket if it gets desperate. Looking forward to the 23rd, will go scouring for something suitable/inappropriate* for the raffle hamper.

AcmeFog
@city461 no need to change eateries to accommodate a fussy eater like me, I'm more than happy to go with the flow. Can always rob the bread basket if it gets desperate. Looking forward to the 23rd, will go scouring for something suitable/inappropriate* for the raffle hamper.
We rotate buddy all the time.. There is a great Thai and an excellent Italian with a rather good menu. Also the dancer does a really good range of artisan pies which we normally go for. ask @Tubbyengineer , he has been through the menu a few times..
There is also a traditional fish and chip shop 100m away which has a seating area but no drinks license unfortunatly..
When @SirLugg pops up we go to Cau where he can satisfy his burger passion...

Like I said, happy to with the flow. Mmmmm Lasagna :)2.
Not sure I want to be the replacement for @3dj , If I find a hint of a brick in my rucksack there'll be hell to pay:D.

Vape Superstore
Your suggestion has been noted... and after a discussion at the curry house binned. Everybody is comfortable where we are, especially the people who travel some distance such as @Tubbyengineer @daz_app @red5 and especially @butlerd who travels from Landon to the meet. We have good hospitality and location. Maybe we should consider your last suggestion where we got kicked out into the rain after only 2 of us started vaping.
We cant use the Royal Oak in Didsbury now because of Duncan`s red card and the premier league.
It is not easy to find a pub where they openly welcome 12+ chugging apes.. Have a wide selection of cask ales, sell quality pies for @Tubbyengineer , good curry house for @daz_app , nice cheap accomodation next to the station for @butlerd , pink drinks, dont charge for the hire of the upstairs room when we need it, toilets that @3dj cant flood, doeas a great breakfast next door in the morning for @dg109 , @butlerd and Sir Alex Furgusson.

If you don't look you will never find anything else, there are places but you have made it a Wilmslow meet and I had different comments made to me about a change of venue. Never mind, it's not a problem.

Back
Top Bottom